Japanese Roku Gin

All things to do with making of gin

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Japanese Roku Gin

Post by Bushman »

My son brought over a bottle of Roku Gin last night for dry martini’s. I was looking at the ingredients (Roku standing for 6 botanicals) and none of the ingredients include juniper berries. I thought for it to be considered a gin the main ingredient needed to be juniper berries. On the label it lists the following:
Sakura flower
Sansho pepper
Yuzu peel
Sakura leaf
Stencha tea
Gyokuro tea

This gin had a more distinct floral taste than the usual gins we get here in the US.
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Re: Japanese Roku Gin

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

I love it myself. It does have Juniper in it.

From their website https://rokugin.suntory.com/en/na/#product :
Palate : Complex, multi layered, yet harmonious flavour of various botanicals. Traditional gin taste in the base, plus characteristic Japanese botanical notes with yuzu as the top note. Smooth and silky texture.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Single Malt Yinzer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:27 am I love it myself. It does have Juniper in it.

From their website https://rokugin.suntory.com/en/na/#product :
Palate : Complex, multi layered, yet harmonious flavour of various botanicals. Traditional gin taste in the base, plus characteristic Japanese botanical notes with yuzu as the top note. Smooth and silky texture.
Looks like they might but they highlight the ones I mentioned and does not list it on the bottle. Too me it really does have a different taste than any of the gins I have made or purchased.
CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

One of their premium gins, its one of the things that makes me wonder about the effect of the water on the end product.
A lot different to gins from almost any county I would suggest but delicious and a high end product. Wish someone would give me some!
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....