Absinthe

All about absinthe

Moderator: Site Moderator

TheProfessor
Novice

Absinthe

Post by TheProfessor »

Hi, I hope as a new b to this forum I have posted this subject in the rite catagory. I have been doing some research on absinthe. I have read all there is on this forum I do believe. I feel like I need more experienced knowlage. I am not only planning to distill the wholly trenity, but also plan to macerate, and I also plan on growing absinthium here in Tx. I am using a 15g reflux, and was thinking about unpacking for desired proof. So any tips on growing,maceration,using a reflux as a pot, and recipe will be 100% apreciated!! And all other tips will be fully noted.:)
Bushman
Admin

Re: Absinthe

Post by Bushman »

I would contact Mark who owns Pacifique Distilleries, he makes one of the best absinthe sold in the US and probably one of the best 10 rated in the world. He is very helpful and belongs to several forums this not being one of them but is a member of the "wormwood society forum". He got his start with an herb garden and making essential oils and has since moved on to a distillery specializing in absinthe and gin. You can google search his distillery and he is more than helpful and has given me many tips.
TheProfessor
Novice

Post by TheProfessor »

Thank you much. I will do that this weekend when I have more time.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Absinthe enthusiasts might enjoy this video:

http://vimeo.com/36412713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow