Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Nunyo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe

Post by Nunyo »

This recipe was passed onto me from a friend and I thought I would share it here and give back to the community a little.
I’ve had some of his a couple times before and was anxious to make it myself and the results were great! This stuff is pretty tasty and a hit with my wife and since she loved it, I figured I had to make some. I’m sure it could do without the addition of the schnapps and or spiced rum but it works great as is so I rolled with it. No point in messing with a good thing ya know.

I used clear that was around 190 proof. I upped the amount of clear a bit from what is in the recipe below to increase the ABV. As is, the recipe works out to abut 20-22% ABV from my calculations (using 190 proof clear) before evaporation from heating the juice. Obviously the proof of your clear and how strong you want to make it is up to you. You can use the calculator on the parent site to get an idea of the end ABV though the addition of the Captain Morgan’s and the Schnapps makes it a bit more difficult to calculate.

Anyhow, here is the recipe.

3 - 64oz bottles of white grape Peach juice

1 - 750 ml bottle of peach schnapps

1 - 750 ml bottle of Captain Morgan's spiced rum

1 1/2 qt of the liquid clear

1 Cinnamon stick

Either 3 good, ripe, fresh peaches cut into slices with the pit thrown away and a about a cup of light corn syrup OR 3 cans of peaches in light syrup (I used canned peaches).

1/2 cup of light brown sugar

1/2 cup of dark brown sugar

Bring all ingredients (except the alcohol) to a slow boil and as soon as it starts to boil, take it off and let cool overnight then add the Schnapps, Rum and clear, stir and bottle dividing the peaches up into the different jars. Toss the cinnamon stick in the trash. This made about 11 quarts in total. It’s great right out of the pot but I am sure letting it sit for several days will only improve the flavor. I put mine directly into the fridge but you should be able to store this in the pantry after you bottle it and then refrigerate after you open it.
Attachments
6D1F9A15-990B-4470-A215-9DCF8FD8BE16.jpeg
WithOrWithoutU2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe

Post by WithOrWithoutU2 »

Sounds like something the Mrs. might like for the summer.

Thanks
Samyguy
Bootlegger

Re: Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe

Post by Samyguy »

GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD CANNING