Rhubabb & Ginger Gin

All things to do with making of gin

Moderator: Site Moderator

thepatchworkdoll
Swill Maker

Rhubabb & Ginger Gin

Post by thepatchworkdoll »

Hi Guys
Been making Gin now for many years but want to develope a recipe for Rhubabr & Ginger Gin (Whitley Nell). Anyone any ideas as to what quantities of Rhubabr & Ginger I would require per litre.
Regards
Patch
Robostiller
Novice

Re: Rhubabb & Ginger Gin

Post by Robostiller »

Hi Patch

Personally I have my eye on a Barley & Hops recipe which I'll be trying out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Wozza
Bootlegger

Post by Wozza »

Robostiller wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:03 am Hi Patch

Personally I have my eye on a Barley & Hops recipe which I'll be trying out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
That looks good, Robo. I've got some rhubarb and ginger wine in the basement at the moment - the bottle we tried a few weeks back was pretty good. And I've also got about 3L of Odin's Easy Gin waiting to be sampled in 4 weeks. So the rhubarb and ginger gin seems the next logical step.

Let us know how yours turns out.
iamkeiran
Novice

Post by iamkeiran »

So I did this last month based off barley and Hops youtube and got MANY rave reviews from mates. BUT I used only 1 litre jars, and he looks to use a 2L jar, so I just halved it all, including the time, as he had his sitting for a whole month and mine was more than done after 2 weeks. The key is to taste test it each week until you are happy. It's a really simple infusion.