Oat meal cookie recipe

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rgarry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Oat meal cookie recipe

Post by rgarry »

I must not take this hobby serious enough. I would have eaten those cookies :moresarcasm:
Ruddfan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ruddfan »

SO HOW DID THIS TURN OUT?SOUNDED GOOD
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Ruddfan wrote:SO HOW DID THIS TURN OUT?SOUNDED GOOD
Which one and why are you shouting?
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
bcboyz86
Swill Maker

Post by bcboyz86 »

Have you done other cookies? Like say molasses or ginger snap before? I'm guessing it would be more like a rummy flavor, but the cookie thing got me thinkin.... Like using ingredients from deserts and formenting them. Fudge(the way I make it) mostly sugar and more sugar and some more sugar, and sweetened condensed milk with chocolate and a touch of marshmellow. I could do without the milk flavor and use a marshmellow flavor extract later, but do ya rekon something of those sorts could turn out the same? Or making a cream likker using sweetened condensed milk?
..the smarter you get, the more you realize you don't know...
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Yep done mix of cookies from same fella that gave me all the oatmeal ones .Wish he still had that job but he moved on.Never got that many lbs at 1 time or same type cookie since the first time . So used added sugar other times Ive made it and whatever mix the cookies were .Just added sugar content of cookie to added sugar for around 10 -12 proof or so wash. Those I would compare in taste to the Gerber/all bran type washes.
bcboyz86
Swill Maker

Post by bcboyz86 »

So how much of the flavor came over in the other cookies? I LOVE sweet stuff, like drinks and deserts and stuff like that, so being able to mixed two things together would be awesome! And if you didn't have enough cookies to make it with, could you use the cookie reciepe ingredients to make the wash? ...leaving out the eggs and flour and stuff like that... Or would the process be a lot more efficient and easier to just make a neutral or sweet likker(maybe some 60% vodka with molasses or brown sugar mixed in) and then infuse the other cookie ingredient flavors into the final product?
..the smarter you get, the more you realize you don't know...
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

bcboyz86 wrote:So how much of the flavor came over in the other cookies?Like I said it taste was comparable to gerber . I LOVE sweet stuff, like drinks and deserts and stuff like that, so being able to mixed two things together would be awesome! And if you didn't have enough cookies to make it with, could you use the cookie reciepe ingredients to make the wash? ...leaving out the eggs and flour and stuff like that...Sure leaving all that out would be making oat whiskey if cookies were oatmeal or oat and sugar for a sugar head likker Or would the process be a lot more efficient and easier to just make a neutral or sweet likker(maybe some 60% vodka with molasses or brown sugar mixed in) and then infuse the other cookie ingredient flavors into the final product?guess that would depend on what kind likker your after
Ruddfan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ruddfan »

Tater wrote:
Ruddfan wrote:SO HOW DID THIS TURN OUT?SOUNDED GOOD
Which one and why are you shouting?
Sorry about the Caps the cookie MASH
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod