Apple Pie Moonshine (no Cook)

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jayka
Swill Maker

Apple Pie Moonshine (no Cook)

Post by jayka »

Hi Here is my Apple pie moonshine recipe I created based on reviewing a lot of different recipes out there.

Ingredients:
6.15lt Corn whiskey 65% (this can be substituted but I was trying to keep it traditional, Next time I will use apple brandy)
3.85 lt Concentrated apple juice home made. https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=81250
10 x Vanilla Bean fresh split through the middle and cut in half
2 x Cinnamon sticks broken into 10 pieces (try to keep as large as possible to avoid too many small floaties
20 x Fresh Apple slices

Step 1: Take your previously made liquor at test the ABV. Mine was 65%.

Step 2: Use your a dilution calculator to calculate your required dilution. (note you will not be able to use your alcometer after dilution due to the sugars in the mix) https://www.distilling-spirits.com/tool ... =10#result
Do not dilute with water yet
Calculation1.JPG
Step3: Use your apple juice concentrate to proof down your liquor. using the calculation above.
I went for 40% but you could probably take it as low as 30% which would probably please more people.

Step 4: You should now have 10lt of 40% apple flavour liquor. have a taste and see if you want to proof down further. Keep in mind you cant use your alcometer so you just need to use the calculator again.
calculation2.JPG
Step 5: Once diluted to your liking add add half a vanilla bean pod (split through the middle) and a small chunk of cinnamon stick and an apple slice to your 500ml bottles then fill with Moonshine.

Step 6: Attach labels and distribute amongst family and friends
moonshine3.jpg
moonshine1.jpg
Sooner or later the people who run the planet all end up choosing one drink....
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Apple Pie Moonshine (no Cook)

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

Nice presentation
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Apple Pie Moonshine (no Cook)

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Recipe and finished product looks the goods.