Inverted sugars/corn syrup

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ThouShaltStill
Novice

Inverted sugars/corn syrup

Post by ThouShaltStill »

I hope this is the right forum to post this. I have an idea but I think I may be misunderstanding somethings. I'd like to start a generational sour mash using sweet feed. But instead of using table sugar I'd like to use inverted sugar. But after looking into corn syrup they seem to me (granted I'm an idiot) to be really similar. Am I mistaken? I'm thinking 4 fingers of sweet feed, 48 Oz of light Karo corn syrup water to make five gallons. It's basically the sweet feed recipe in tried in true minus the table sugar. How's this sound? It's between that or animal grade molasses. I'm after good flavor with little bite 6-10%.
Hambone
Rumrunner

Re: Inverted sugars/corn syrup

Post by Hambone »

If you can get the corn syrup cheap, go for it.
Good judgement is the result of experience.

Experience is usually the result of bad judgement..
ThouShaltStill
Novice

Post by ThouShaltStill »

Hambone wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:53 pm If you can get the corn syrup cheap, go for it.
Well that's the thing there's alot of sugar in it so it doesn't take much at all. Thats one big bottle and one little bottle at Walmart. It's probably cheaper then sugar. I'm hoping the yeast will have less trouble breaking it down and hopefully it will have less of a bite. I was really hoping someone smarter then myself would chime in with some more info about this. There isn't too much info about corn syrup on this site.
ThouShaltStill
Novice

Post by ThouShaltStill »

Never mind its not at all cheaper and I am infact an idiot. Inverted it is. I'm still curious to know if corn syrup would be a better option quality wise.