Agua De Jamaica mash?

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hangtownspirits
Novice

Agua De Jamaica mash?

Post by Hangtownspirits »

I'm in the middle of making a big batch of Agua De Jamaica and curious if anyone has made a mash from tea before. Jamaica is a dark red almost purple flower that makes an amazing tea. Some of my friends think it's a mexican fruit punch because it is so dark red and flavorful. It is normally next to the Horchata in the drink dispensers at Mexican restaurants. I tend to spike mine with a little tequila and now I'm thinking can I put it through a still and make something better.
Sorry if this has been asked in some fashion before but tea is too short to search and Jamaica brings up the country and rum related searches
36556.jpg
Al Bundy for President
Sponsored by NO MA'AM (National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood)
P.S. No chickens allowed lol
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Agua De Jamaica mash?

Post by acfixer69 »

Sorry but there is nothing in the tea to distill out. Best to tip the shot in the tea.
Badmotivator
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Badmotivator »

Might some aromatic components from the tea come over? Like it does in macerated gins?
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Hangtownspirits
Novice

Post by Hangtownspirits »

Thank you Twisted.

After reading that and the more I read and reread I need to hit wally world and grab some poster board and start playing with it and get the shapes and what not figured out and so i don't waste copper. I plan to start with a basic corn then ujssm once I learn my still before moving onto brandy
Al Bundy for President
Sponsored by NO MA'AM (National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood)
P.S. No chickens allowed lol