NChooch's Carolina Bourbon

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

matt_b
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: NChooch's Carolina Bourbon

Post by matt_b »

I can't malt it now. I fed it to my cows. I can't understand what they're grumbling about, but I suspect they were saying "this **** isn't event malted!" But luckily I don't speak Angus. The price for "just barley" was $7/50lb, where malted was $55/50lb. That's a big gap, but probably worth the price since I suspect malting really can be a PITA. And I worry it would strain my wife's patience with my new hobby a bit too far.

I do need to figure out how to grind my malted grains though (barley or wheat). I was reading up on hand grinders. But before I pull the trigger on anything I'm gonna check with the local feed mill and see if they can grind it for me, which I think they'll do since they suspect what it's for.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

matt_b wrote: I do need to figure out how to grind my malted grains though (barley or wheat).
For what it's worth it's pretty simple once you stop screwing up. Use COLD water and check that thread.
As for grinding, I hesitate to share my noob move.
I have a little Nutra Bullet that I use in the kitchen. Containers are plastic but tough enough to grind coffee and spices.
Since I was only doing a few pounds of wheat and barley, I just used that and pulverized the hell out of it, like flour or corn meal.
Probably took 10 minutes.
:mrgreen:
Nutri Bullet.jpg
matt_b
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by matt_b »

I borrowed the wifes food processor and broke my barley up. It did cause an odd sediment on the mash while it was fermenting. But I doubt that hurt anything. I appreciate the tip. Saved me a trip to the mill and the related hard time.

A quick question. When you guys run this recipe, what ABV do you get in your mash, before distilling? I seem to be stuck at 9%ABV, which I think is a little low. And at that point, it all adds up quickly. I'd be interested to hear what to expect from a corn/barley wash before stripping.
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

9 is already on the high side of the perfect range. I wouldn't see any need to try for higher.
mpearce
Novice

Post by mpearce »

Gave this a try. Being in Japan, I was able to get corn grits. Meaning this is a finely ground corn. Did a smaller batch to start with. 3kg of corn and 2kg of pilsner malt. Went into the fermentor at 1.074 so if it ferments out it should be about 8.5% abv. I was hoping for higher but this is a good start. Boiled the corn for an hour before mashing it with the malts for an hour as well. Had good conversion and it is bubbling away now. Will do this again until I have 5ltrs to fill my oak barrel.
NcHooch
retired

Post by NcHooch »

Y'all are doing well to get 8-9% ....I'm not sure I've ever got that high with the original recipe
NChooch
Practice safe distillin and keep your hobby under your hat.
Yoself
Novice

Post by Yoself »

Matt_b
You do not want to grind (or food processor) the barley, wheat or whatever grain you are using to dust like corn meal. The idea is to crack open the grains but not grind them. This really can give off bad flavors in beer making but maybe not as much in distilling but why take the chance. If you do not have a grain mill many home brew suppliers will crack them for you when you order. I bought a grain mill called the “Cereal Killer” from Adventures in home brewing for $99 free shipping and it works great. You can hand crank it or use a drill. I can crack 4-5 lbs of grain in about a minute. Can’t use it for corn. For that order a Corona corn mill with high hopper, works great to grind corn a little finer than bagged cracked corn which converts well for me.
Yoself
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Yoself wrote:Matt_b
You do not want to grind (or food processor) the barley, wheat or whatever grain you are using to dust like corn meal. The idea is to crack open the grains but not grind them. This really can give off bad flavors in beer making but maybe not as much in distilling but why take the chance. If you do not have a grain mill many home brew suppliers will crack them for you when you order. I bought a grain mill called the “Cereal Killer” from Adventures in home brewing for $99 free shipping and it works great. You can hand crank it or use a drill. I can crack 4-5 lbs of grain in about a minute. Can’t use it for corn. For that order a Corona corn mill with high hopper, works great to grind corn a little finer than bagged cracked corn which converts well for me.
Yoself
Can you back up this claim? What in the hell does size of cut gave to do with producing off flavors? I agree it might make straining a headache, and lautering almost impossible. But your ferment and rack of the grain, it ain't going to do one bit of change to the taste. Doesn't even make sense.

The only reason beer grains gets cracked instead of pulverized is because you lauter beer, and if you destroy the husk, then the grain bed would get stuck and not drain. Taste has nothing to do with it.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

The grain hull leaches out more tannins when it’s ground sorta like a finer ground coffee makes a stronger espresso - If it’s just cracked there’s less exposure.

Cheers!
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

That's a brewing fallacy being spread like the horrors of copper in certain parts of distilling: there's a remote possibility, but most likely one person said something after drawing a theoretical, and not quite applicable conclusion. Then many repeated as gospel.

You can take my knowledge or not. Tannins is a product of PH and temp, not particle size.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:That's a brewing fallacy being spread like the horrors of copper in certain parts of distilling: there's a remote possibility, but most likely one person said something after drawing a theoretical, and not quite applicable conclusion. Then many repeated as gospel.

You can take my knowledge or not. Tannins is a product of PH and temp, not particle size.
+1

Every grain that I use, malted or not, gets passed through the corona mill and ground to a cornmeal consistency. Zero off flavors.
muscashine
Swill Maker

Post by muscashine »

zapata wrote:9 is already on the high side of the perfect range. I wouldn't see any need to try for higher.
I'm glad this was right here near the end... I'm looking at 8% potential alcohol on mine. I just put on my first batch of NC Hooch's Bourbon today to ferment. The yeast are already doing their thing. I haven't done an all grain in a while, I'm hoping it comes off well. Last one I tried I didn't test the SG beforehand, and was really disappointed in the outcome.
tfattori
Novice

Post by tfattori »

Can the malted barley be crushed? I already have a bag of 6 row crushed malted barley.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

tfattori wrote:Can the malted barley be crushed? I already have a bag of 6 row crushed malted barley.

Did you even read the thread or search? The answer to that question is just 3 comments above yours.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
tfattori
Novice

Post by tfattori »

Antler24 wrote:
tfattori wrote:Can the malted barley be crushed? I already have a bag of 6 row crushed malted barley.

Did you even read the thread or search? The answer to that question is just 3 comments above yours.

I read the first several pages not all 26 or so but I was also on my phone. Got on my laptop this morning and actually got to reading more and noticed that. Apologize for asking before fully searching, not something I normally do on any forum.
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

not cheap but plenty of Diastatic Power (°Lintner) 120 to 180 for us brits who cant get 6 row.

https://www.bakerybits.co.uk/diax-diast ... flour.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

thoughts?

**edit** just found this thread for enzymes viewtopic.php?f=39&t=68959&p=7503734#p7503734
License number NRU/D/15/22
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

question - if the price of flaked corn and cracked corn was the same - which would you choose and why?

question 2 - if using flaked are the quantities (by weight) the same as the 1st page recipe? I ask as flaked surely has a different composition.. and on a weight basis I would imagine flaked to occupy more volume.

it is the same price for me (I am in the UK) being around £10 for 25kg for either.. I seem to read that for most people cracked is cheaper, but flaked is easier as you don't have to cook it - yet the flaked is a pain to squeeze all the liquid out.

of note is that the flaked I can get is micronized flaked..

https://www.burnhills.com/small-holder- ... 25kg-p4173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
https://www.burnhills.com/equestrian-c3 ... feed-p3071" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

Micronization improves the large starch molecule reduction during gelatinization. Micronized feed, especially for corn (maize) helps the livestock digest the cereal grains faster and more complete, reducing the tendancy to produce acids and gas within the lower bowel. This makes the micronized grains better (pound for pound) than cracked or simply rolled grains for nutrition.

The prices you’ve shown for the micronized corn, wheat, or barley all look quite attractive. And I believe it will give you a very good extraction as well. I would use the flaked (micronized) grains at a 1:1 ratio from the published recipe and see what efficiency you can recover. Then if the extract is too high (which I doubt will be a problem), adjust on the next batch.

If micronized cereal grains were as available in the USA, I am confident that it would likewise become a preferred grain choice. And if the price was good (more economical than the local homebrew store’s prices), you’d read of more recipes calling for micronized flaked cereal grains. Even the major (commercial) distillers may shift to using them (provided the economics still fit within their budgets).

So, go for it...and report back what you find out.
ss

FWIW, I have not used micronized grains. But I have used flaked grains. This site explains the process and advantage of micronized cereal grains for livestock feed: http://www.capstonehorsefeed.com/micronization.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

well that sounds promising.. I will report back in a few weeks..

I guess it's a case of getting water to about 165f adding micronized flaked corn - aiming for a strike temp of 150 then add malted grain (under 155f) and mash for a few hours, strain and pitch yeast.

**edit** looking at 2 row (we cant get 6 row) or (pale ale malt) in the UK, and rye malt.. to get the quantity required to use with a 25kg sack of flaked corn is £30! 3 times the price. There must be a cheaper alternative. That takes the bill to £40 for 35 gallons of mash.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

needmorstuff wrote:...That takes the bill to £40 for 35 gallons of mash.
So, 35 gallons of mash will give you close to 2-1/2 gallons of bourbon after cuts and the angels get done. I’d say 40 pounds for 9 liters of fine spirits is “fair enough”.

Just don’t get greedy...you’ll pay more than you think.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

when you put it like that ;-) it's just with the corn being so cheap it would be nice if the other constituents followed suit.

however have you seen what people round these parts want for some charred american oak!
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

the pale ale malts (2 row?) I can get are rated at between 50 and 76 diastatic power, and that's were they bother to put any values at all! I don't think its the nature of this recipe to exclude malt altogether in favour of enzymes , presumably for the flavour profile. But would it be ok to add enzymes and malt to ensure proper conversion?
durty_dunderpants
Novice

Post by durty_dunderpants »

interesting info bout micronized maize SS, especially regarding nutrition. i've been using it 'cause as said the price comparism to cracked corn makes it a no brainer over here. the other bonus is it's been very easy to lauter so far for me (only gone to 60-40 with malted barley mind). efficiency has been ~70% without trying to get it higher.

needmorestuff.. you looking for oak barrels or sticks? premade sticks are expensive but if you don't mind a little easy woodbutchering then it's really cheap.
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

hi durty_dunderpants

what malted barley are you getting? as I mentioned hardly any bother to list diastatic power and those that do are 50-76.. meaning my grain bill is rather high for the expensive malt. The recipe calls for 70/30 but that's with 6 row with a diastatic power of around 150-160! so rough math means that with the malt I have seen I would need more like 50/50. hence me asking about enzymes.

also I would be interested in your procedure.. I guess you don't boil it?

yes indeed I am looking for oak, but I am looking at sticks and yes they are expensive. I assumed I needed american white oak, and I only find that in stick form pre-charred.. please share your experience. I know b and q for example sell 41mm oak spindles 900mm long for £8

thanks.
durty_dunderpants
Novice

i just use standard crisp pale ale malt (i've seen distiller's malt but i like the pale for beer too and i'm not sure the distiller's is much better DP anyways). i think i checked it's diastatic power and it's standard for 2-row british malts, which is why i haven't yet pushed over 60% corn. enzymes would allow you to go to 100% corn. i may do that soon as i'm really developing a taste for creamy-sweet whitedog!
i don't boil either 'cause i'm looking for the malt enzymes to keep working as it ferments and the time/energy savings on not boiling. that said sometimes it would be easier for me to boil and chillcube it for later fermenting so i may well experiment with that in future. a preboil might hopefully mean i can strip fuller charges faster too without the still puking..

i ordered a sack of firewood for bout 22 quid delivered. it needs planing or sanding at least on the exterior although i take it to fresh wood both sides (bout 1/8" off each face). then it's perfect size to split the wood 3/4"-1" widths. toast and sometimes char as everyone else here. it's really not as much effort as it sounds as the wood goes really far and the sack is almost double the size a sack of malt so the wood will last me aaaaaages..
this was just the best i found, at least you know it's all the right seasoned wood too.
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

I have some enzymes coming so will use those for a better conversion and just stick to the grain bill on the 1st page.. maybe add the rye that is discussed in the thread at various places.

When I mentioned boiling.. I was talking about before adding the malt.. i.e. boiling the flaked maize.. I dont think its necessary.

I have no mash equipment other than an igloo cooler.. would you heat water to boiling? dump on the flaked micronized maize in a coolbox and occasionally stir? then when it hits 150f dump in the malt and mash for a few hours to allow for full extraction? yes, I am a newb.

Then when its at pitching temp I am considering using my 5 gallon paint straining bags in my 30l FV's - dump the lot in there aerate and pitch yeast. Then when it's done it should make my process easier.

That wood does look interesting..
durty_dunderpants
Novice

ah sorry i see now. it's not neccessary to boil it - that's the main benefit of using it!

i add everything together. don't see the point in heating water to boiling when you're mashing around 62C? maybe that would break it down a bit and squeeze greater extraction out, but i can't imagine much and it would probably be at the risk of making it harder to lauter? i dunno, i've been using the spent grains to ferment sugarheads for neutral anyways so i'm not too worried about greater efficiency.
needmorstuff
Swill Maker

Post by needmorstuff »

are people using this procedure with electric elements? i.e. don't wait for the wash to clear? is scorching not a concern.

and..

my local HB shop only sells crystal rye malt.. is this ok to use? I had been searching for pale rye malt.
catfishchisel
Novice

Post by catfishchisel »

Late to the party, but Ive never done an all grain before this one. Im having a different experience with the corn. It gets a little gloopy, sure, but not real thick. Its never hard to stir....Ive mashed 2 generations now (first the stepped method, second the 90 min simmer) and both have the same experience. I ran a strip on the first batch and it came out to almost a gallon at 35%. Compared to other recipes Ive run this seems a bit low. Smelled amazing dripping out though.

I ground the corn extremely fine this last round, thinking maybe that was the issue but i just get starchy soup, not a gelatinous monster that is impossible to stir. Thoughts?
CatCrap
Swill Maker

Post by CatCrap »

Alrighty... Positive and negative post. We'll start with the positive.

Wow! Great Recipe NC hooch! I appreciate you putting the time in to creat this thread and recipe, and popping in to answer questions from time to time. This was my first AG mash, and while the process did sound a bit intimidating, with the proper research, FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS, more research, having correct ingredients, and some equipment to make things a little easier, i'd say it went off without a hitch. It did take me the better part of a day, but it's not as though that whole time was spent only on this project.
So, first off, i set myself up to do this by using the technique that Brendan uses in his thread "Brendan's All Grain Bourbon Tutorial"
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46428
Basically, you set up your wort chiller for double duty. I get my boiler full of water and get it boiling, and route it through a small pump, to the wort chiller which is in the mash tun, then route the outlet back to my boiler. So you use the wort chiller to heat/cook your mash. Very very clever idea, and i'm glad i went this direction. The wort chiller does a really great job (50' of 3/8" SS) of spreading out the heat so it heats evenly. I don't think i could scorch this if i tried. I'm getting it all set up in Push connect, so it will be ultra easy to set up and breakdown, and to switch from wort heater to wort chiller when i need to bring it down after mashing. So, I highly recommend Brendan's method, and i think i'll be using this method to do my grain mashing in the future.

The short version(LOL i realized after i wrote this whole post.. that I don't have a short version. This is the best i could do :ewink: :
Took 5 pounds of Cracked Corn (i did not mill it further, i don't have a grain mill yet. Could have used the blender or food processor, but i just used it as is this time). Took a gallon of UJSM Backset and a gallon of water and brought to a boil on the stove in a BOP. Added a little gypsum and a little 5.2 pH stabilizer. Once it boiled, i added the corn while i set everything else up. Brought my 8 gal boiler full of water to a boil. Added the presoaked acidified cracked corn and water to the mash tun (a 10 gallon igloo beverage cooler with ball valve installed instead of the spigot. I also made a copper X for the bottom to set the wort chiller on so it wouldn't sit on the very bottom of the cooler). Added a few gallons from my boiler to bring it up to about 6 gallons total.
Right around this time, i set up two pints of water at 110F, added a teaspoon of Go Ferm Protect each and mixed well. Once down to 103F i added a couple tablespoons to each pint of DADY. After 20 min of hydration, i added a 1/2 cup of water to each with about a 1/4 cup of sugar dissolved in it. Set it aside for later. I also separately made a very small size yeast bomb, enough for my 2 ferments later on. (Yeast bomb- Crushed B vitamin, Epsom salt, DAP, Bakers yeast, and yeast energizer) it was a very small yeast bomb, a cup worth(including water) for each of the two ferments.
Got boiler set up to route through the pump through the wort chiller (heater) and used this to keep the mash at around 185-190 for 2 hours. During this time, i ran to the lumber yard across the street and grabbed a 15X15" piece of birch, which i used a jigsaw to cut into a lid for the cooler, but i cut a small groove out of it so it could be used as a lid WITH the wort chiller in it. (the inlet/outlet prevented me from using the igloo cooler lid with the wort chiller in the tun.) The lid looks cool, and it helped to keep the heat in. Glad i did it. So, the mash started to thicken slightly, but not too much as i only had 5# in around 6 gallons of liquid. I found this to be helpful as it wasn't too thick to keep it moving with the drill/paint stirrer. Once i was happy that i'd had the starch released, i added 5# of FLAKED corn. This immediately thickened up the mash significantly. I added a half teaspoon of SebStar HTL, which loosened it up a bit. I kept it around 170 for a half hour, just to ensure all my starch was available. I took the wort chiller out, added 3 more gallons of cool water, and hit it with the stirrer every 15 minutes or so until it hit 160. I then began to add 3# of White Wheat malt, a 1/2 pound at a time over the next hour. This brought it down to 155 or so. I then added 3# of Malted 6 Row barley, lowering the temp to 149.5. I sealed it up with the lid for the cooler. Every 45 minutes i came back and gave it a good mix up. The heat held really really well, and over 4 hours it only dropped to about 145. Tasted very sweet by the end.
Got some "Tincture of Iodine" from walgreens. Took a pint of the mash and strained through a chinois(fine mesh sieve). Iodine test showed all the starch was converted (the iodine when dropped in turned black, then when swirled disappeared) and used the rest of the wort for an Sg Test. 1.06! Very happy with this, i put the wort chiller back in, hooked it up to the same reservoir i use for my condenser, and recirculated for about 45 minutes until i hit about 100 F. Transferred the mash to my two 25L fermenters, topped up with cool water to 23L each, pitched the yeast starter in each one and the mini yeast bomb, added tight fitting lids and airlocks. I wrapped a towel around the fermenters to keep them a bit warmer. That was last night.
By this morning both ferments were going super machine gun hard. 14 hours later the airlocks are still bubbling steadily. Very happy so far. I'll let it ferment to completion, squeeze the grain as best i can, and run two strips. I'll do the same recipe again next week, strip again, and combine all 4 strips to do a spirit run.
After the ferment completes, after i squeeze the grain, i think i'll do a piggyback UJSM style with sugar and the used grain. I'm sure there's some good grain flavor left, even though no potential alcohol. UJSM makes a damn fine drop.. i'm SUPER excited to see the results of this AG. I'm so excited i plan to make as much bourbon as i can until i get so tired of making it i can't stand it. I don't really drink THAT much, which is the good part. I'll stockpile gallons and gallons (on top of my Pugi Rum, UJSM, Panella rum, Neutral infusions) and it will all just keep getting better with time. Hopefully i can stock up enough that i have plenty of it ten years from now. How fucking cool would it be to have my own home made charred oak Bourbon? LOVE this hobby!
The only thing i will do different next time, is to increase my grain bill. I may try to do all cracked corn(no flaked, it's about 4X price) next time. Haven't decided yet, and haven't decided if i'll try to grind the corn further. My understanding is the finer the grind the higher potential efficiency (which can be a very big difference with AG. It's much more time and effort than Sugarhead, not that that is a bad thing). But, with finer grind, comes more difficulty in straining the wort/wash from the grain. So, i'll probably try this same recipe with Cracked corn, ground cracked corn, corn meal, and flaked corn, and see which i'm most happy with, taking all factors into account.

So, this was my experience, went well for me, because, in my opinion, i did my homework, had the right tools for the job, listened to the members here and followed instructions. Now on to the less positive part of my post... I just want to get this off my chest. Hope i'm not too far out of bounds.

This thread seriously could have been half as many pages. Every single fucking page has the SAME QUESTIONS!!! Do i mill the barley? What kind of barley? How much abv is enough? Why does my ferment stink? Is my alcohol all evaporating out of the airlock, i see gas escaping? My SG is low(even though there are 7 posts that say 5% is about average for AG), how much sugar do i add? Uh.. once you add sugar ITS NOT AG. ALL GRAIN MEANS ALL GRAIN. Seriously? If some of the people who posted in this thread on page 14, 17, 20 etc etc, had just READ THROUGH ALL THE PAGES of the thread.. the answers are all there. How stupid is it for people to ask a question when the answer is LITERALLY 3 posts before. I swear some people just post without reading anything.. maybe without reading even the OP. I just find it a little ridiculous in this thread how many instances there are of folks asking the same questions over and over. Yes.. i'm new to this too. I haven't been distilling or fermenting that long. Yes, this is my first all grain. But i put in the time, put in the effort, did the research. I think if there is one motto for HD it is...

DONT expect to be Spoon fed the answers!! Yes, they will spoon feed you. There are some members who are very generous with their time. But to just spoon feed the answer to you won't teach you to fish. The spirit of HD is to go out and seek and learn the knowledge for yourself. To me, the goal here is to teach people to think for themself. The answers to so so so many questions are all here on HD... you just have to look. It really makes me chuckle how many members signature here is a link to Cranky's spoon feeding thread. I think many of us have figured out that a good third of the people who post here just really enjoy being fed with a spoon in someone else's hand. No thank you sir.. my hands work. I can hold the spoon myself. I do not need someone to feed me the information. People have gotten so lazy these days.. We don't even need to get our asses up out of our chair to find the answers, they are all their on the internet, but somehow that STILL isn't enough for some folks. They don't even want to look... they just want to have someone point them to exactly where they need to go. Here's the thing... while you go and look for the answer to your question.. you're going to stumble upon so many other interesting things. Answers to questions you didn't know you had yet. Recipes, techniques, equipment, and ingredients that are so exciting and fascinating to learn about.. but.. if you don't go looking for your answers yourself, you're never going to stumble into that knowledge. You may get the answer to your question, with little to no effort of your own. But nothing more. Heh.. you should see how many tabs i have open on my browser. Every time i see an interesting link or thread i open it in a new tab, and then come back to it later. Then that tab leads to more and more tabs. HD is the most beautiful awesome side of the internet. It's not all "fake news", facebook wankers and porn. Heh, i'm sure a few of us are old enough to remember the time before the internet. good god we were like cavemen! how did we survive! You have to buy a magazine or a VHS tape for Porn!? What!?

I do not mean to call anyone out directly, or to offend anyone. I too am a noob, i too am still learning(and always will be). I just urge all to stay hungry, stay thirsty for knowledge, and never stop drinking it up. There is no such thing as a bad question. But don't sell yourself short. Put in the work and effort and time and you will be rewarded. You will get out what you put in, nothing more nothing less. Don't slack, don't half ass it. Strive to do your very best and push and challenge yourself. My goal isn't to be good, and sure as hell not "good enough". My goal is to be Great!

Ok.. rant over. NCHooch, membership, i humbly apologize for going off on this tangent in your awesome recipe thread. I just felt strongly compelled by this thread in particular to speak up, and hopefully, just maybe, what i said will ring true with at least just one person. If you don't agree, or don't believe me, i strongly encourage you to read this thread from page 1 to 29. See for yourself.

Cat Crap