strawberry panty-dropper

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

TDick
Distiller

Re: strawberry panty-dropper

Post by TDick »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:This has probably already been mentioned, but this works great with ginger root.
I put enough chopped ginger root to fill up about 1/3 of a quart jar. Added 100 proof spirit and let it sit for a few weeks.
If you just let it sit, it will stay crystal clear. If you shake it up before decanting off the ginger it will go a little hazy, but still just fine.
I did not add any sugar. Holy smokes, really extracts all the ginger goodness!
For a great drink, I mix 1 part of my ginger PD with 2 parts of my own rum, then top off glass with coke. The coke brings sweetness to the ginger and the rum and the combo is fantastic.
MCH
100 proof ginger sounds like the beginning of a MASSIVE Moscow Mule!
Moscow Mule "For The Public"
Ingredients: 4 oz Ginger beer, 1 1/2 oz Vodka, 1/6 oz Lime juice
Preparation: Combine vodka and ginger beer in a copper mug or highball glass filled with ice. Add lime juice. Stir gently and garnish with a lime slice.
BB
:mrgreen:
Attachments
mule.jpg
mule.jpg (4.45 KiB) Viewed 8268 times
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Be careful with those copper mugs.

When I was an apprentice the boss's wife brought me some orange juice in a chrome-plated copper jug which had badly worn plating so the juice was in contact with the copper. Instant projectile vomit.

Geoff
The Baker
raptor402
Novice

Post by raptor402 »

I just started a batch.
I have some ujssm 110 proof. I took two quarts filled them with ripe strawberries and topped them off with ujssm. Within hours my berries started turning white.
It looks real nice. I cant wait for the next step of making some syrup filtering and proofing it down for consumption.

Thank you for this recipe.
raptor402
Novice

Post by raptor402 »

Up date

This stuff is dangerous. Proofed it down to 20%. Ate one of the strawberries and had a few sips and instantly started sweating. This stuff plays tricks with your mind. You seriously can't tell that it's 20% at all. You could be in trouble very quickly.

This is some really great stuff. I wonder what the shelf life is? I want to try this method with apples, blueberries, peach. I can adjust the sugar down a bit. This puts a whole new spin on making small handcrafted batches.

I will keep you guys posted.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

raptor402 wrote:... I want to try this method with apples, blueberries, peach.
I have done blackberry PD. It is very nice too. Try it.

I macerated frozen blackberries from the grocery freezer case (fresh would have been better but unfortunately they don't grow close by). The result was a deep blue-black spirit with a very rich flavor. I tempered it down to 80 proof from the maceration strength of 180 proof (calculated from the change in volume). It is a semi-sweet brandy-like spirit...very "user friendly".
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
ndrethma
Novice

Post by ndrethma »

Trying this with pineapples...should I still add lemon juice when I rack it the first time?
whiskymonster
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by whiskymonster »

I have been away from the craft for over a year now, and finally life has been calm enough to make something.

I asked the Mrs what I should make. She want vodka whisky or rum?

The words were still ringing in the air when as she blurts out the words 'panty dropper.'

So I have a half gallon jar, with 180 proof birdwatchers and 1kg of the cheapest frozen fruit smoothie mix I could find. Straws, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants.

Haven't even finished the second sugar rest, and damn this stuff is fine!

Think I have missed this stuff more than I realised.

Now I have to rest my old bones for a while. The Mrs sampled it with me, and the panty dropping qualities of this elixir are still strong!

Gonna call in to work sick I think....
It's much easier to cut a bit off than weld a bit on...
Hilltop
Swill Maker

Post by Hilltop »

Loki440 wrote:well i can say thankyou tater and others for this super easy recipe.

my first try went alright but my second batch was dead on, never thought you could have that much flavor :wink: . Needless to say i need bigger gallon jars, as the quart jars arent gonna cut it, cause the couple of bottles i made disappeared rather quickly, typically my friends and myself only ever touch alcohol when we have a get together or dinner party, but his stuff didnt even last a week.

Of all the people who tried it, they loved the stuff and wanted more.

heres a pic of a now consumed and thoroughly enjoyed bottle of strawberry-rhubarb panty dropper. The cloudyness is only condensation as it was in the freezer as room temperature around here is 35+ degrees C

Are you using the Strawberry Rhubarb pie filling?
"Virtute et armis" By valor and arms

Let's keep our country free as God has given us.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death."
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I made a couple bottles of this stuff and tested it myself during the maceration and sugaring periods.
Kept waking up in the morning wtf happened to my panties with a big smile on my face ???

I used fresh lemon - A couple three squirts - Just kept squeezin it till the juice ran down my leg and straight into the strawberry bush...
0xx_SPD_.jpg
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
morethenaname
Novice

Post by morethenaname »

Man oh man i ran across this thread after reading so many threads on here its silly. I did a version of this just this week. The ol lady brought in some strawberries 2 days after i read this and she messed up and said theres strawberries in the fridge if you want some. 30 mins later i found myself slicing strawberries. I did a quick version from some i have read. 2 cups of 160 proof triple ran cracked corn 1lb of stawberries 1 cup of puree blackberry i picked wild last year abiut a cup and a half of white table sugar and 2 table spoons of lemon juice. Soak berries in sugar for 2 hours then added 2 cupa of hillbilly juice let set for 12 hours drained strained and reloaded jar with distilled water. 12 hours later drained and strained a!ed 1 tablespoon of lemon juice topped off with water again. Soaked for 24 hours.ended with 1 solid gal of the prettiest red juice. Took a shot and DAMN. My thanks goes out to all those b4 me for this ltl taste of heaven. Without these post i dont think it would have happened or if so been as good thanks again my fellow likkerteers
j3hx
Bootlegger

Post by j3hx »

Made up a batch. All i did was boil strawberrys sugar and water for 10 mins. then simmer for a while.. turned out good enough for me and the few thts tried it. Didnt take but 30 mins. added some lemon juice as well. Not chalky as of yet.
PhotoPictureResizer_180510_185401559-1200x1600.jpg
morethenaname
Novice

Post by morethenaname »

Update. Gallon is all but gone. Every single person who tried it simply can not beleive the berry flavors and how smooth it is. Most dont taste the alki until the drink is long gone. Again thanks for the panty dropping berry drink lol
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Made alot of the SPD gonna play with dogberries and cloudberry this year.

Has anyone made a large batch of panty dropper and pot stilled it for a clear flavoured drink? I guess it would be strawberry schnapps?
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

Juste finished this.
The wife je j ain't crazy about all i make.
But she likes m'y gin
she Said this Was great.
Success.
Now on to other flavors.
It Was suppossed to be for her daughter for hier prom.
At 90 proof i think its à bit Much for prom night.
But she wanted something spécial for her and her friends
:thumbup:
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

jonnys_spirit wrote:I made a couple bottles of this stuff and tested it myself during the maceration and sugaring periods.
Kept waking up in the morning wtf happened to my panties with a big smile on my face ???

I used fresh lemon - A couple three squirts - Just kept squeezin it till the juice ran down my leg and straight into the strawberry bush...
0xx_SPD_.jpg
Love the label, think I got some movement :lolno:
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

That is a good label, picture should also be added to the thread dedicated to making your own labels.
Mack10
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mack10 »

Long thread with many great reuslts.

Tried a batch myself that is almost done. 1 more batch of syrup to add.

I used a permanent coffee filter with great results. Have to rinse it out every couple of quarts, but even the syrup flows through it easily.

Been using it for my apple pie too. Doesn't get all the fines from ground spices, but enough for me.
Distillernz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Distillernz »

Miracle juice first we tested the first batch tonight and so for batting 1000 :D
Distillernz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Distillernz »

Just saw a recipe for creme de la limoncello which is basically limoncello and creme, anyone tried creme de la strawberry panty dropper.
Rod
Swill Maker

Post by Rod »

Found the recipe for the Crema di Limoncello as mentioned previous post

opened it in a new post
The Friendly Spirit
Distillernz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Distillernz »

Going to try make some Cream De La Strawberry Panty dropper tonight. Only problem is it is supposed to sit in the fridge for 1-2 weeks before you consume! Was hoping to get some action tonight :roll:
svodysseus
Novice

Post by svodysseus »

Hola felons and bootleggers, I mostly lurk here while I travel along my bell curve and perfecting my craft to my best ability and today I took the whole day but I just read the whole 23 pages of this thread with a break here and there to take care of other business along my way, I feel like a authority on the subject now lol... I started my first SPD recipe today using my neutral spirit that I have been making via the Birdwatchers recipe and a reflux still, altho I have been tweaking the BW recipe here and there with each run to see how I can manipulate it to produce the best product I can. I regularly run 5 gallons of wash and obtain about 3.5++ liters of 192+ proof neutral that taste sweet with a nice slightly tangy burn... I have been playing around with this neutral mostly making rums and bourbons along side with a few differnt flavored dranks, but today is the first SPD batch I have attempted. Its been on the window seal maybe 6 hours or so and it is already beautifully colored and smells amazing.... I got alot to catch up on post from writing about my first run all the way till the present, but I just am not ready to start that process, so its back to lurking for me for now, but I will update this SPD post when the time comes... Thanks for all the great information I gathered thru this thread! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap:
svodysseus
Novice

Post by svodysseus »

So heres my first SPD sitting after 2 days. Oh and the other pic is a bunch of other stuff including the SPD with my last run.
Attachments
IMG_8789(1).JPG
IMG_8804.JPG
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

In Australia right now some bastard is inserting sewing pins into strawberries offered for sale in supermarkets and greengrocers.

There must be truckloads of strawberries now being thrown out and I can't get to distil them (I could certainly safely filter the spirit through a cloth that would capture pins).

I couldn't handle any quantity anyway.

But the worst of course is the thought and the fact of people hurting their mouth on pins.

Geoff
The Baker
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

Baker they are still selling for $8 a kilo here in Queensland so it still works out to be an expensive brandy to make, i was half thinking about grabbing 30kg today but after weighing up the cost @ $240 bucks I canned the idea.
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Copperhead road wrote:Baker they are still selling for $8 a kilo here in Queensland so it still works out to be an expensive brandy to make, i was half thinking about grabbing 30kg today but after weighing up the cost @ $240 bucks I canned the idea.
Keep watching.

Geoff
The Baker
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

Been thinking of doing a Strawberry rhubarb panty dropper.
Any suggestions
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
svodysseus
Novice

Post by svodysseus »

dukethebeagle120 wrote:Been thinking of doing a Strawberry rhubarb panty dropper.
Any suggestions
I suggest you do it... :thumbup: :clap: :lol:
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

The Baker wrote:In Australia right now some bastard is inserting sewing pins into strawberries offered for sale in supermarkets and greengrocers.
Geoff
Ain't that a bitch!
I'm giving serious thought to throwing this together for (American) football tailgates, cut down to a walking/talking ABV.
One question thinking ahead. I only read the first four/last four pages. Wondering about Apple Cinnamon PD for Christmas.
What are the affects of storing this a couple of months? also, I ASSuME oak chips would be counterproductive here.
Last edited by TDick on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

The Baker wrote:
Copperhead road wrote:Baker they are still selling for $8 a kilo here in Queensland so it still works out to be an expensive brandy to make, i was half thinking about grabbing 30kg today but after weighing up the cost @ $240 bucks I canned the idea.
Keep watching.

Geoff
Pictures on the TV of front-end loaders heaping strawbs into pits, IN QUEENSLAND.

Geoff
The Baker