Mr P's Hot Cinnamon Schnapps (fire piss).

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

copperlover1
Swill Maker

Re: Mr P's Hot Cinnamon Schnapps (fire piss).

Post by copperlover1 »

Has anyone tried nukin it so you wouldn't have to wait a month befor you add the sugar?
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

Your asked if Nuking had been tried ...Yes it has but not in this recipe here is something for you to try... but a sauce pan is easier to use.

Instant Fire Piss (The No Waiting Recipe)

36 fluid oz distilled water
8 oz sugar (about a cup)
4 fluid oz white/light corn syrup (a half cup)
1/4 fluid oz cinnamon oil (half a Tablespoon) of the real stuff with no additives
2 tsps glycerine
16 fluid oz 95 abv neutral or UJSM or whatever you want to try
1/4 tsp red food coloring ****OPTIONAL unless you just want it red
Prepare as follows:
Add corn syrup, sugar, and 16 oz of the distilled water to a saucepan over medium heat. Once the sugar begins to dissolve, CAREFULLY add the cinnamon oil, stirring occasionally to ensure the sugar dissolves completely. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and continue to simmer for 5 additional minutes whisking occasionally to ensure that the oil integrates into the sugar syrup completely. Take the syrup off the heat, stir in the remaining 20 oz of water along with the glycerine, and check to ensure that the temperature is well below 172F before adding the neutral or booze of your choosing.

Add food coloring if desired and store in a glass bottle.

***I mix my cinnamon base, neutral/booze, and coloring in the bottle I'm keeping it in so I can shake it up good; just make sure it's all plenty cool.

I tried doing this by nuking but it was just easier to do it in a non stick sauce pan…

This stuff bites but have fun with it if you can...

Happy Stillin

FS
scuba stiller
Swill Maker

Post by scuba stiller »

I've nuked a quart of Mr.P's fire piss once each evening for 4 days now. Color and flavor are getting close, its fine to me just sipping w/out sugar syrup (45 %).
SS
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

Lucky me I have already done part one and have the cinnamon and booze part already aged several months.
It's fine and smooth as is, going to make up the syrup part and get to mixing it tonight!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

The true Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum or Cinnamomum verum) can be found in most Mexican markets if you have one anywhere near you.
While picking up 15# of piloncillo for rum at a Vallarta Supermarket I found bundles of rolled cinnamon bark that measured 8"wide x 4"tall x 6"thick.
A pound in weight if I were to guess for <$10.

tp
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

Well I made up the simple syrup and mixed to 35% and wow that's mighty good holiday cheer!
Thanks for the idea!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:

borntofli
Novice

Post by borntofli »

Has anyone compared the two types of cinnamon sticks?? Cassia and sri lanka sticks to see the difference???

I've just been using cheap mexican sticks, 4 for 59 cents.......
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

They all make it a little different. I like them all. Problem is you never really know what kind of cinnamon sticks you are actually getting.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Stonemull
Novice

Post by Stonemull »

Sipping on some now, I really like cinnamon, I want to add some ginger to it next. So been researching me cinnamon lately trying to find the good stuff as Cinnamon Cassia seems to be the only one the local supermarkets sell, its the coarser, darker and tougher version from a different strain of the tree.
Thought I shoukd post a warning I found. Probably a non event but might be of interest to people who really like this drink. 'subtantial amounts' is a bit vague and might mean eating a kg a day, who knows.
Cinnamon verum translates to 'true cinnamon'

from this link, which being from a health food angle is likely a freak show, but i thought worth sharing .. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=newtip&dbid=31
What true cinnamon and cassia do not have in common is their coumarin content. Coumarins are naturally occurring plant components that can be quite toxic in large amounts. These toxicities tend to affect the liver and nervous system most directly. While the level of naturally occurring coumarins in Ceylon cinnamon appears to be very small and lower than the amount that could cause health risks, the level of naturally occurring coumarins in the cassia cinnamons appears to be higher and may pose a risk to some individuals if consumed in substantial amounts on a regular basis. For this reason, iorganizations like the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment in Berlin, Germany have recommended that large amounts of the cassia cinnamons be avoided.
brick
Novice

Post by brick »

I made an accidental discovery that I thought was good enough to share. I made a batch of Mr. P 's Hot Cinnamon and was getting ready to sweeten it a bit when I remembered that I had an orange syrup in the fridge, left over from a batch of candied orange peel I made over the holidays. Anyway, it was a FANTASTIC flavor addition to the cinnamon liqueur. Please try it. I think it's a real winner.
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Just a note here. Waiting 30 days is a Looooonnggg time !!
Any way 21 days ago I put 6 cinnamon sticks in 1 pint of 67% UJSSM for my daughter in law. I am not a fan of flavoured liquor in any way, at about 7 days she brought it out for me to smell and it smelled hot hot hot like cinnamon. To me it was horrible smelling, She simply said smells hot doesnt it...
Anyway we opened it again tonight to see how it was doing with 1 week left on the 30 days. Amazingly it had lost that horrendous bite smell. It didnt burn my eyes from just being opened like it did before. It smelled like cinnamon but it was way smoother smelling and pleasant. I was shocked what a little time did for it. I cant wait to see how it turns out with some syrup added to it. She is pretty excited too.
I am thinking I have 3 gallons of UJSSM waiting on me to acquire some oak so I may just take 2 qts and put some sticks on 'em.
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

30 days is a long time? LOL I have some been aging for over a year now. LOL Mater of fact all my stuff has been sitting for over a year without even being checked on. Some closer to two years.

But yes the longer you wait the better it is. Just like aging on wood. I think each batch made from the mother jar. Just keeps getting better and better each time.
It'snotsocoldnow.

CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

I've only got a couple inches left in the bottom of the bottle I made, it's been months and that stuff is good now.
I had two shots last night, talk about a 'winter warmer'!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:

Everlost
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Everlost »

Ive got cinnamon sticks soaking now (2 weeks so far) but I wanted an "instant satisfaction" version so here's what I did:

In a quart jar:
6 oz nuetral (95%)
1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
2 tablespoons caramelized sugar
Simple syrup (1:1) to top off (I like it sweet)

I think it wound up around 75 proof, need to do the math.

The caramelized sugar gave it that special yellow color :)
All I can say is that I'm addicted.
Still learning....
RoadGlideGuy
Novice

Post by RoadGlideGuy »

Finally hit the 30 day mark on 125 proof. After mixing 16oz with my syrup all I can say is, WoW!

I'm sure it will taste really good once it cools down just a little. I like mine Hot, when it comes out of the freezer.
I think this will be a great winter warm me up
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

I dug out the trusty ol jars of FirePiss. And made a couple batches for thanksgiving. They have been setting for nearly two years. I think? Lost track. Lol. The original very first jar I started. Still produces some really good stuff. Smooth and gooder. Love this stuff.
It'snotsocoldnow.

CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

My wife has begun having problems with lactose so suddenly her old standby of Kahlua, Amaretto and milk doesn't work any more so she needed a new drink. Last summer we went to a distillers festival and she tried something very close to this which she liked and bought :oops: I tried it and said "I can make this" so when I got a nice big run done and had plenty of neutral put back I decided to try a version of this, only I did add a vanilla bean. She is now very happy and even says this helps her stomach. Thanks PP :thumbup: It really is good stuff.
Poppyvon
Novice

Post by Poppyvon »

Damn! I can't wait to try it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
kimbodious
Distiller

Post by kimbodious »

We make the syrup from the powdered Stevia they sell as a low calorie sweetener - wow so easy. For 600mls of syrup you simply dissolve 1/3rd of a cup of Stevia in about 550ml of boiling water!

We tried adding two entire birdseye chillis to a litre of 40% liqueur but yanked them after less than 24 hours - wow so hot! :twisted:
--
50L Beer keg boiler, 2200W element
Modular 2" Pot Still
opinions are free and everybody has them, experience costs you time
kimbodious
Distiller

Post by kimbodious »

I am trying soaking some Firepiss (40% ABV) with some medium roast french oak dominos. The dominos had previously been in some NutriGrain cask strength spirit for seven weeks - should be interesting!
--
Modular 2" Pot Still
kimbodious
Distiller

Post by kimbodious »

taste test of oaked Fire Piss.... totally recommended! :)
--
Modular 2" Pot Still
Yaakmt
Novice

Post by Yaakmt »

I just made a couple quarts out of twice distilled sugar wash. I have quite a bit of SF distilled once. Is that suitable? Or should I run the SF a few more times to make it better?

Thanks!
Rain Distillate
Swill Maker

Post by Rain Distillate »

excited to try this recipe next! Is this similar to fireball cinnamon whiskey? I haven't had hot damn since I was a teenager but I've had fireball quite a bit in the past few years. The in-laws love fireball.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I have never tried this recipe but while looking for other drinks using my Caramel Cordials (besides my standard Caramel Mule drink) I found several shot drinks and martini drinks. One of the shot drinks is called "Red Hots" where it calls for a 1/2 oz of Caramel Cordial and a 1/2 oz of Cinnamon Whiskey.
pounsfos
Distiller

Post by pounsfos »

Prairiepiss wrote:I dug out the trusty ol jars of FirePiss. And made a couple batches for thanksgiving. They have been setting for nearly two years. I think? Lost track. Lol. The original very first jar I started. Still produces some really good stuff. Smooth and gooder. Love this stuff.
you started this documentation in december 2011 (5.5 years ago) are you saying the same cinnimon sticks are still working well for you?
Or have you changed them since, I know what I'm buying at the store tomorrow this sounds perfect for them winter months that are coming

I just watched a documtary on how the sticks are made, wow very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccbhaxE5B24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

So many new recipes to try, never enough jars for them all. :lol: :lol:
The Grand Pooh-Bah
Novice

Post by The Grand Pooh-Bah »

jarheadshiner wrote:Wonder if an artificial sweetener like Splenda would work? Or does that just sound nasty? :sick:
I tried using Swerve sweetener. It crystallized after 24 hours. It was an expense experiment. I was hoping to make a version that would be friendly for my diabetic friends :? .
The Grand Pooh-Bah
Novice

Post by The Grand Pooh-Bah »

I used Korintje Cinnamon Sticks in 97.5 neutral for a month and added the recommended sugar syrup. I already mentioned the Swerve sweetener didn't work so good. I also made some Jolly Rancher Cinnamon Hot candy version. I gave all three to friends to taste test and let me know which they liked best. Waiting for their feedback. Myself, I like Mr. P's the best. I'm trying to loose weight so I was really hoping the Swerve version had worked out.
Rain Distillate
Swill Maker

Post by Rain Distillate »

The fire piss recipe is amazing!! but I too am currently looking for a fireball replacement for my diabetic family members as well. If someone has a close replica of fireball please share.
pounsfos
Distiller

Post by pounsfos »

Rain Distillate wrote:The fire piss recipe is amazing!! but I too am currently looking for a fireball replacement for my diabetic family members as well. If someone has a close replica of fireball please share.
I've had no issue over aging on cinnimin sticks for a month and drinking like that, never liked the idea of sugar in my drink, I prefer to keep things natural. it's good by itself, otherwise you can use glycerol, it's safe for diabetics, adds sweetness to it. and because of the Vaping craze, can be found very easily.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow I use it when I want a thicker body.
ufo8mycow
Novice

Post by ufo8mycow »

So I just found a jar i had sitting for at least a couple years in the back of the cabinet and went ahead and mixed up a big batch and damn this is some good stuff. It came out a really dark red color even after mixing.

Before I mixed it I took a sip of the 95% and it was really smooth. Hot but smooth.
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.