Harbor freight router speed controller make over.

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Offshore
Novice

Harbor freight router speed controller make over.

Post by Offshore »

Hello, I picked up a Hello, I picked up a Harbor freight router speed controller, I took it all out of the original box and heat sink and beefed up all the wiring and heat sink, and made a new box for it, not to pretty but it dose the job. I also added one more outlet and a switch to be able to switch in another 5500 watt 240 volt element for heat up, and the other one will be on the controller.

This is going to be plugged into a 30 amp circuit, I will have the choice of 1375 watts, or 2750 watts, or 0 to 1375 watts, or 1375 to 2750 watts variable watts.

I have not tried it yet, I need to get the two 5500 watt element put into the keg.
, I took it all out of the original box and heat sink and beefed up all the wiring and heat sink, and made a new box for it, not to pretty but it dose the job. I also added one more outlet and a switch to be able to switch in another 5500 watt 240 volt element for heat up, and the other one will be on the controller.

This is going to be plugged into a 30 amp circuit, I will have the choice of 1375 watts, or 2750 watts, or 0 to 1375 watts, or 1375 to 2750 watts variable watts.

I have not tried it yet, I need to get the two 5500 watt element put into the keg.
Attachments
DSCF3505 (Copy).JPG
DSCF3504 (Copy).JPG
DSCF3502 (Copy).JPG
DSCF3501 (Copy).JPG
DSCF3500 (Copy).JPG
DSCF3499 (Copy).JPG
Prairiepiss
retired

Re: Harbor freight router speed controller make over.

Post by Prairiepiss »

Nice work. I had thought about doing the same with mine. But I upgraded to 220v so I had no need to. But I will be reproposing my harbor freight controller for my grain mill. And think I will do the same as you have.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Offshore
Novice

Re: Harbor freight router speed controller make over.

Post by Offshore »

Thank you Mr. Piss. For the comments, I just need to put a load on it and check it out.