Not Authorized...

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

oldgrouch62
Novice

Not Authorized...

Post by oldgrouch62 »

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong section. I think this is the only board I belong to that doesn't have an "Administration" section.

Re-reading in the "Stills & Still Building Information, Boiler" thread, I tried to click on the "Easy Flange" link (http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9300) and got a message: "You are not authorized to read this forum." Logged out & back in, same thing. Is this a forum problem or is there some reason why I shouldn't be looking at this? I seem to recall looking at it in the past, even before I joined and just read as a guest. As I get closer to actually building a still I like to review stuff so naturally I was surprised not to be able to view it. :?

Before posting this, I did a quick Google search, clicked on the external link, and it let me right in. So I guess a forum problem. I can see it and that's all that matters. :D
What you don't know, can hurt you. Keep reading.

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for Security, deserve neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Condensifier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Not Authorized...

Post by Condensifier »

Just clicked on your link and I'm getting the same thing. It's probably a bug in the software or something.

Here's a link to a HD Google Search I did for "easy flange". It has a bunch of threads you can read. https://www.google.com/search?rls=en-us ... &rls=en-us

Here's the one I prefer. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=13631
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

That thread has been moved to a hidden forum not sure why but I will flag it for Tater or one of the other administrators to look at.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Was moved to a forum we have to work on posts.Its been moved back
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
oldgrouch62
Novice

Post by oldgrouch62 »

Thanks all. Sorry I didn't check back sooner, been out with the flu a few days (damn shot didn't work :moresarcasm: ). And thanks especially Hobby I had missed that one so far...or maybe just lost in the shuffle; about the only complaint I could make, if I wanted to which I don't, is that there is such one hell of a mess of information here that it's easy to get sidetracked and lose one's direction. But that sure looks to be the easiest way to do a flange that is also sturdy. Think I finally have a line on a keg, if this one falls through I guess I'll be getting it online. Local distributor says they have a few they "might" sell, so we'll see. Cheers. :thumbup:

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for Security, deserve neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Kegs acquisition can be a strange thing. You will hunt for 8 weeks, and get nothing, then in 2 days, 3 of them will end up in your lap from 3 unrelated people. They are out there, and will show up givin time.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
billybones
Novice

Post by billybones »

My local distributor let me take one for the price of the deposit - $30. Call all of them near you and you might find none willing to deal. I told him I was making a smoker out if it btw. Good luck!
muddog
Bootlegger

Post by muddog »

These guys have a pretty good deal on kegs. They are on fleabay too, and their shipping was cheaper there the last time I checked.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbee ... valve.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Simple pot still for simple likker
Moonshine and oysters, the breakfast of champions
"Don't turn on the lights cause I don't wanna see. Mama told me not to come" Randy Newman
oldgrouch62
Novice

Post by oldgrouch62 »

Husker wrote:Kegs acquisition can be a strange thing. You will hunt for 8 weeks, and get nothing, then in 2 days, 3 of them will end up in your lap from 3 unrelated people. They are out there, and will show up givin time.
Story of my life. If I'm not interested in something there's hundreds around; soon as I decide I want one, they all dry up & vanish. About time I spend some $$$ for one online it'll be a half-dozen show up for $10 apiece. :shock:
billybones wrote: My local distributor let me take one for the price of the deposit - $30. Call all of them near you and you might find none willing to deal. I told him I was making a smoker out if it btw. Good luck!
They said they "might have a few." But then person on the phone didn't seem to know that they came in different sizes. I'll make it over there next week but not putting a whole lot of hope in it. I was gonna tell them I'm building a rat rod and needed one for a fuel tank. 8)
muddog wrote:These guys have a pretty good deal on kegs. They are on fleabay too, and their shipping was cheaper there the last time I checked.
That's who I'm guessing I'll probably use. I'd stumbled across them and yes that is about the best price online you can find. If the distro thing falls thru, and I just know it probably will, I'll just grit my teeth and order one from them (you'd never guess I've got a few stingy Scotsmen in my heritage). :ewink:

zaph1
Swill Maker

Post by zaph1 »

Why do the easy flange, when you can buy for for $8 on eBay? Silver solder it on and good to go.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL ... 3a8cd19909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
oldgrouch62
Novice

Post by oldgrouch62 »

zaph1 wrote:Why do the easy flange, when you can buy for for $8 on eBay? Silver solder it on and good to go.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL ... 3a8cd19909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Same 3 reasons as most folks who make their own. I like working with my hands, I like being able to stand back and say, "I made that," and I am just a little paranoid about anything associated with distilling. If I can't buy it local for cash, I will make it or obtain it some other (legal) way...but I'm not going to buy anything for this endeavor I have to put my name on, even if it's just a delivery address. I haven't made anything yet and who knows what tomorrow may bring, I may never make it to the point where I do, but the last thing I want is attention. Sorry if that comes across as snotty, it isn't intended that way, just answerin' your question. :D

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=46973