Draining mash

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Draining mash

Post by raketemensch »

Using the search I found a lot of people recommending a bazooka filter, but I'm worried that corn will clog it. Because corn.

Has anyone been forced to give up on a bazooka filter? I didn't get mine in the mail in time before starting this batch, and now the pot is still full of gumballhead, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm worried about the spigot becoming useless if it gets clogged.

ga flatwoods' pavement underlayment material works wonders, but it'd be even nicer to just open up a spigot....
Hilltop
Swill Maker

Re: Draining mash

Post by Hilltop »

HDNB wrote:I remember now... I was about 12 or maybe 13. One of my favorite girls at Sally's Honey Farm was Sally herself. I had been the house boy for many years and had the advantage of a steet education and the mothering of many fine women. Sally was the best, she saw that i had clean clothes, aroof over my head and 3 squares a day. She taught me readin, writin and my numbers. She even knew a little about architecture angles and loads.
In January that year, it was cold and miserable. The business was brisk as many men came and went. I had been keeping up with my cleaning chores and generally keeping out of sight when, on a Saturday morning Gladys called me into her room.
Gladys was on of the new girls, young, maybe 19? She had been suffering from a head cold all week, and i had been bringing her meals in bed, so she could keep her strength up. She was especially fond of the cook's chicken soup. It was a hearty blend withlots of vegetables and the bones were simmered until the meat fell off, a very restorative elixir.
Gladys had a "false bottom" That is, she had special stretchy drawers that when she pulled them on, it plumped up her rear to look round and voluptuous under her dress. I don't know if it was a marketing ploy that Sally had taught her, to catch the attention of the men. Maybe she had actually lost her ass in a tradgic accident, or a poker game. All i know is without it she had none. It was like that poor girl was born with no ass at all.
I digress. I was telling you about that Saturday morning she called me into her room. The chicken soup had worked it's wonders and she was sitting up in bed, rosy cheeked and smiling. She had even done up her hair for the first time that week.
When i entered the rear door (all the rooms had two) she smiled coyly and patted the bed beside her and invited me on. She said "I want to thank you taking care of me all week, H. You come over here, i'm going to show you my specialty. "the ass press". "

and thats how i learned how a honey extractor worked.
Rolmao!! You gotta get over to that liars bench with Trucknbutch. Honey extractor! More like money extractor
"Virtute et armis" By valor and arms

Let's keep our country free as God has given us.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death."