Fantastic Whiskey Label Maker

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

armor99
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fantastic Whiskey Label Maker

Post by armor99 »

Hello Everyone,
Just finished creating my own labels for what will hopefully become my first bit of drinkable whisky. Still aging, should be ready around October. At any rate, I found a really great system to make labels. And I thought I would pass it on. Avery https://www.avery.com/products/labels/u ... ing-labels sells adhesive labels that are perfect for putting on glass bottles. But even better, they have an online tool, that allows you to print out your labels easily. You basically just pick your label size (there are dozens of them, mine was 6873), put in your graphics, load the sticker sheet into your printer, and simple as that... DONE!!!. The online software even asks you if you want to print the entire sheet, or just one (and even which one on the sheet, so no waste!). I was completely amazed at what a simple job this made of something that is usually a PITA. And the best part. Something like $.15 a label. (Mine pack came with 200 labels) Enjoy....
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Fantastic Whiskey Label Maker

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I use the avery labels too and agree that it’s a cool system. You can upload jpg’s for your artwork and hand sketch and take a photo. Then add text or whatever. The ones I use are removable so they just peel off. A plastic paper thing not paper paper so they don’t stick or leave a gummy residue.

Cheers!
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
armor99
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by armor99 »

jonnys_spirit wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:53 pm I use the avery labels too and agree that it’s a cool system. You can upload jpg’s for your artwork and hand sketch and take a photo. Then add text or whatever. The ones I use are removable so they just peel off. A plastic paper thing not paper paper so they don’t stick or leave a gummy residue.

Cheers!
-j
If only they could make one that was dry erase marker friendly. Sadly, no one seems to make this. Would love to write on the bottle, and then wipe it off, fill it again with something else, and write on it again... :)
armor99
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by armor99 »

armor99 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:10 pm
jonnys_spirit wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:53 pm I use the avery labels too and agree that it’s a cool system. You can upload jpg’s for your artwork and hand sketch and take a photo. Then add text or whatever. The ones I use are removable so they just peel off. A plastic paper thing not paper paper so they don’t stick or leave a gummy residue.

Cheers!
-j
If only they could make one that was dry erase marker friendly. Sadly, no one seems to make this. Would love to write on the bottle, and then wipe it off, fill it again with something else, and write on it again... :) But at $.15 a label I really cannot complain. What type did you get plastic etc? Sounds interesting. Mine are just paper type labels. Seems to work with the printer well though...
EricTheRed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by EricTheRed »

armor99 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:10 pm

Cheers!
-j
If only they could make one that was dry erase marker friendly. Sadly, no one seems to make this. Would love to write on the bottle, and then wipe it off, fill it again with something else, and write on it again... :)
Use a laundry marker direct onto the glass. When done a little soap and a light scrub and it comes off
Only hassle is that i can only find black
My fekking eyes are bleeding! Installed BS Filters - better! :D
Life has gotten interesting!
Trapped-in-Oz
Swill Maker

Post by Trapped-in-Oz »

EricTheRed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Use a laundry marker direct onto the glass.

CD Marker - blue and black - and using complex letter and numbering system there's no guessing 'W' or 'R'.........

EricTheRed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by EricTheRed »

Trapped-in-Oz wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:28 pm
EricTheRed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Use a laundry marker direct onto the glass.

CD Marker - blue and black - and using complex letter and numbering system there's no guessing 'W' or 'R'.........

What is a CD Marker? :D :D 8)
Metalking00
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Metalking00 »

I just use a sharpie. Comes right off with the scrubby side of the sponge when im cleaning the bottles.

Those labels do look nice though
Trapped-in-Oz
Swill Maker

Post by Trapped-in-Oz »

EricTheRed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:41 pm
What is a CD Marker?
more colours......

EricTheRed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by EricTheRed »

HA HA - you kind of missed my attempt at humour
Haven't bought a CD/DVD in more than 5 years - and i work in IT!
memory sticks rule!

But yes, they would work quite nicely!
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

https://www.avery.com/products/labels/22827

Avery 22827 labels.

Cheers!