Pot still Plans!!!

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

joelucci33
Novice

Pot still Plans!!!

Post by joelucci33 »

So,

In the spring I did a trial run out of an old case of beer.....i made a pot still out of an old 20 quart pot and some copper tubing....I made the distill fine....now my family is making wine, I have taken the peels and am in the process of refermenting them. I want to build a nice still this time around....so i can get more into the hobby....maybe produce some rum...since rum is my favorite.. alchohol. Any one have any plans i can go by? I like the idea of the Keg stills but im not sure how they go together....or were to get the supplies from.... please help because i will need to distill this....this weekend.
rad14701
retired

Re: Pot still Plans!!!

Post by rad14701 »

Welcome to the forums, joelucci33...

You aren't giving yourself much time if you're planning on distilling this coming weekend, two days from now... No need to purchase plans as you should be able to figure out how to build one by examining the many pictures in these forums... Whether you want a pot still, a reflux column still, or a combination still, you'll fund a wealth of information... If you have specific questions during your research, just ask...

Good luck...
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

I have never built a still from plans, look at a few pictures of members still and go from there. Potstills are simple in design, basically a pot for a boiler, a column rising from the pot, a condenser, coil or leibig to condense the alcohol vapour. This is a simple way to start, then go from there, like all of us your first still build will not be your last. :mrgreen:
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

I don't thank you will fiend many "pot still plans" as most build to suit their needs and what they can fiend for materials.
can be as simple as a pot with a pipe out to more elaborate with a short column ,tapered lyne arm ,some attachments to introduce reflux.
there are some "this what I did" or "this is mine" everybody builds something different.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Dnderhead wrote:I don't thank you will fiend many "pot still plans" as most build to suit their needs and what they can fiend for materials.
Also, space limitations and the like can also affect each individual's build (footprint).

budget
space
commitment to pursue advancement.....

Every variable adds to your outcome.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.