Copper Moonshine Stills

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Flow687

Copper Moonshine Stills

Post by Flow687 »

http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow I was wondering what u guys think about those? I am very new to this, and ive been reading a ton and im trying to get an idea of what would be the best for me....The one i was looking at on the site was the 10 gallon bottle still with reflux....let me know ur guys opinions....or if there may be other, BETTER manufacturers of stills on the internet....thanks in advance
Yttrium
Swill Maker

Post by Yttrium »

Well, its true that you can make a pot still for a lot less, but if you were to make a pot still out of copper the price would be comperable or more. Here's a link to an 18 quart copper stockpot on sale for a MERE $320 Copper Stock Pot. A copper lid to put over that stockpot will run you $40-$60. Then you have the column, the condenser, and the value of your time to figure.

Of course, for me, making the still is half the fun...
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. --John Conner
Pieterpost
Swill Maker

Post by Pieterpost »

Yttrium wrote:Well, its true that you can make a pot still for a lot less, but if you were to make a pot still out of copper the price would be comperable or more. Here's a link to an 18 quart copper stockpot on sale for a MERE $320 Copper Stock Pot. A copper lid to put over that stockpot will run you $40-$60. Then you have the column, the condenser, and the value of your time to figure.

Of course, for me, making the still is half the fun...
indeed, and the reward feels so much better when you've made it from scratch.