Single pipe keg thumper?

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rickyaifd
Novice

Single pipe keg thumper?

Post by rickyaifd »

In looking at the various keg designs, I keep seeing what looks like a thumper with only a single pipe leading into the thumper? How does this work?
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: Single pipe keg thumper?

Post by still_stirrin »

Annular vapor tubes (sorta' like a partial Liebig condenser). The inlet vapor tube runs in the center and runs to the bottom of the thumper. The outlet vapor tube is connected to the Sanke ferrule and the vapor is routed to the product condenser through a Tee fitting that sits on top of the Sanke ferrule.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

It's what I use and am happy with . 1" vapor tube through a 2"x1" reducer to the bottom of the thumper . 2x1"tee for vapor outlet to condenser and another for the fill pipe . Put a drain in the bottom , too .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

That is a way too. Thanks for the extra T for filling or shooting the thumper, Truckinbutch! I will remember that next time I make one.

I use a T 22x15x15 and filed the rim inside it, so a 15 mm OD pipe could go all the way down in the thumper. Works fine.
Tekening.jpg
Tekening.jpg (5.12 KiB) Viewed 1294 times