Alembic split top - 10 liter

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Alembic split top - 10 liter

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I’m excited that I finally ordered an alembic split top pot still. A small 10 liter one.

I’m going to use this for small batch gins, botanical spirits like genever maybe, ouzo’s and sambucca’s and other macerated flavored recipes. 2.5gallon capacity and running this on a hot plate in the kitchen and maybe picking up a bain marie vessel or copper stock pot that this will fit in.

I’m hoping with the 10l size i can cook and run as small as 3 liter batches.

I’m dedicating this to a functional display piece and will use pre-cut spirits in my maceration recipes - neutrals, grappas, white whiskies, brandies, etc...

I haven’t seen a lot of discussion on the alembics around here so I wanted to provide some feedback and encourage more.

If you use it - The column in this one has a sieve plate to hold items in the vapor path for an infusion.

I’ll post some pics and more info once it arrives and i clean it and run my first sambucca (which i started 18mos ago but never had a small still to run it). I’d like to get a larger one one day and put a flute on top or work out a side feed and reflux return. Copper has been pretty easy to solder so far.

https://www.copper-alembic.com/en/split ... ll-premium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Anyone else use an alembic with any comments ?

Cheers!
-jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Squirrelsniper
Novice

Re: Alembic split top - 10 liter

Post by Squirrelsniper »

I'm curious how that turned out. I've always wanted to try something like that myself but never had the money to throw at a small complex set up. Sounds awesome.
If you can't hold your likker it's time to empty your bladder!
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alembic split top - 10 liter

Post by Corsaire »

I have their standard pot still. And a smaller one I do gin runs in. Get yourself a big bucket and a water pump, that worm and bucket don't hold a lot of water.