Using a swept tee in 2" VM - any effect?

Vapor, Liquid or Cooling Management. Flutes, plates, etc.

Moderator: Site Moderator

skunk12
Novice

Using a swept tee in 2" VM - any effect?

Post by skunk12 »

Hello all,
Sorry if this has been asked, couldn't find anything on the main site nor on the forums (save something on a seagull double-swept, but I'm not using double swept, nor did that post/topic mention anything about its performance), but, would using a single-swept 2" T on a VM do much difference?Mainly asking 'cause an equal 2" tee is 23 bucks, but a 2" swept is 14-ish :shock: 9 bucks is 9 bucks, or so I think. Any harm in the sweep?I'm assuming not, but more the issue'd be of which way to have the sweep, on the upside, or downside?
My thought would be having the sweep on the upside would make it more prone to vapor condensate dripping in (would condensate on the side of piping, then flow down the swept area, instead of "dropping" on the 90 degree-ish side), but sweep on bottom might make it prone to letting more vapor in than normal?

Mainly looking for if it matters, which way to go, or if it's just plain a bad idea, to be told so. I'mma n00b just wanting to not waste materials/money, but an insight into why would be much appreciated (engineering student :oops: ).

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/external/ ... 22SWPT.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow roughly what I'm talking about, didn't /img it because of size (56mb or kb, whichever is slightly over the limit :) )
Manback
Swill Maker

Re: Using a swept tee in 2" VM - any effect?

Post by Manback »

Put the sweep on the bottom, you have a valve to control flow anyway so it's no biggie if it lets too much through