Many questions about bubble plates

Vapor, Liquid or Cooling Management. Flutes, plates, etc.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Yummyrum
Global moderator

Re: Many questions about bubble plates

Post by Yummyrum »

Whoow. Thats an amazing welding job . Hats off to you sir .
Regarding windows fogging on tails . In my experience , you will be able to taste the nasty compressed tails coming over long before the windows start to fog .

I usually switch off and dump the boiler charge before I see a cloudy window . I hate tails so see no reason to collect them .
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

92 is about standard for four plates.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Demy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:23 am For now I'm collecting information, I would like to evaluate the construction of bubble plates, so I would have many questions.
Thank you for sharing :thumbup:
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

Demy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:43 am I inserted the teflon ribbon by forceing it into place with a not sharpened knife.20210315_150008.jpg
I performed a pre-cleaning, after I welded the spy glass I built. The construction of spies deserves a separate post.20210316_123451.jpgThis is the small column finished. 20210316_124343.jpgIt was a challenging construction, it takes a long time but I am very satisfied, considering the few tools and resources.
excellent job👍🏻, yes pipes are not perfectly round. can you elaborate on the teflon wedge?
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Thank you very much to everyone, I tried to do my best, nothing more. Setsumi, I inserted the teflon by forceing it to the sides with a subtle knife(non-cutting-off). The plates are quite tight but I have completely seal. For intermediate plates (more difficult) I used spy glass fores to access the interior. It is a complicated job, it takes patience and creativity ....