Swaging Tool Drill Bit

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Demy
Rumrunner

Re: Swaging Tool Drill Bit

Post by Demy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Bushman wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 am
Demy in your video what did you use to hold the tube in the vise?
If you look closely in the video I show of self-built supports, they have v-grooves, They are not designed specifically for copper pipes but for iron ones, despite this they work well. To avoid scoring, a thin layer of rubber (eg air chamber) could be inserted into the grooves. I have some pictures while I build them but I haven't published them yet.

Bushman
Global moderator

Post by Bushman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Demy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm
Bushman wrote:
If you look closely in the video I show of self-built supports, they have v-grooves, They are not designed specifically for copper pipes but for iron ones, despite this they work well. To avoid scoring, a thin layer of rubber (eg air chamber) could be inserted into the grooves. I have some pictures while I build them but I haven't published them yet.
:thumbup: I really like homemade jigs and fixtures, it’s what we made to bend my 1/2” tubes for my shotgun condenser.

Demy
Rumrunner

Post by Demy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:49 am

Bushman wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm
Demy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm
Bushman wrote:
:thumbup: I really like homemade jigs and fixtures, it’s what we made to bend my 1/2” tubes for my shotgun condenser.
I very much agree. I came across your post where you said that ideas and photos are running low on the forum, this convinced me even more to publish the video. I didn't need those bits but I did it as a test for my mind, because I like to build and because it could be useful for the forum. I have seen many of your achievements on the forum and photos, and I am sure they have helped many. I think even the simplest implementation can make the forum grow.