This looks pretty

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

sot

This looks pretty

Post by sot »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Jaeger
Novice

Post by Jaeger »

I didnt think that glass did a very good job with the transfer of heat. No where as well as copper, and it is breakable (a very bad thing with me around)
Pieterpost
Swill Maker

Post by Pieterpost »

sot, you're right ! That is one hell of a condensor !
Brett
Swill Maker

Post by Brett »

shame its local collection only, would have done the job for me :D, other problem is the guys put a reserve on it n he says its worth big money so i wonder if his reserve is big money to
Yttrium
Swill Maker

Post by Yttrium »

The seller quoted an original price of 2500 pounds, which is probably pretty accurate. Luckily for the buyers, the value of equipment like that drops dramaticlly once it is used. My guess is that it is probably worth somewhere between US$50-100
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. --John Conner
sot

Post by sot »

It got no bids so it's back in again with a 'Buy it now' price of £50.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

With the lack of interest the seller might be tempted to ship, no harm in asking if you fancy it.
Brett
Swill Maker

Post by Brett »

just contacted to see :)
Brett
Swill Maker

Post by Brett »

u think this will be ok for stripping neutral spirits? and would it need a shorter colum underneath it or just use as it is?
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

Well, he's not lying when he says it's a highly efficient column. My concern would be that it's too efficient. However, if you just want to make neutral spirits, you wont need another column. Your problem is going to be pushing the ethanol through THIS column. This type of reflux condencer is normally used with high vapor-pressure solvents, it's way high-tech for us moonshiners. But if you can get it cheaply, have fun. It looks like it has a hemi-spherical ground glass joint at the bottom, and some kind of gasket assembly (he won't move his hand) at the top. Be sure to plan for these potential pains-in-the-ass!
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...
sot

Post by sot »

Chemist, I'm curious as to what someone like you could do with that column. If someone decided to use it to earn a legal income, what would they be making?
Jaeger
Novice

Post by Jaeger »

Would be cool if you were using a high capacity fuel distillation setup.