Thermometers

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

schmand
Novice

Thermometers

Post by schmand »

Hey guys,

been searching the web for a cheap and accurate electronic thermometer and then bought a bbq and cooking thermometer. It is not as fast but it is okay.
Many ppl. here in Germany, especially home brewers, stick to the IKEA cooking thermometer "FANTAST", but I do not know how usable this is.

Do some of you know the online shop dealextreme.com? It is a chinese online shop with many cheap things that you would pay 2x the price for here in Europe.
Okay let's come to the point: I bought 2 cheap non-electric SS thermometers from them and I am very impressed! They cost around 3 US$, and accuracy is +-2°C, but mine rarely reach that. (+-1°C here) You can also adjust them if the shown temperature is wrong. I am going to use the thermometers for mash and the still, maybe some of them in a bulk, too.

Here's the link: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/barbeque-g ... stick-8327

I hope this is gonna help you. The shop has no shipping costs at all, too!

Do you know some other good brands / shops for thermometers?

Have a nice day

schmand
Non-Native English Speaker. I'd appreciate if you would tell me my mistakes! Thank you and have a nice day!
Horse_Shoe
Swill Maker

Re: Thermometers

Post by Horse_Shoe »

I buy digital cooking thermometers at the store. They are dirt cheap and seem to do just fine. I've had my most recent one for over a year now.
Bagasso
Distiller

Re: Thermometers

Post by Bagasso »

I use a digital cooking thermometer as well. I like the alarm feature because I set it when I'm doing a stripping run and it tells me when to stop the run. This way I can just collect in a SS pot since I'm not worrying about ABV, smell or taste. Just go by the vapor temp.