Thermometer's

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dephlegmator
Novice

Thermometer's

Post by Dephlegmator »

Hello, i am after a dial thermometer to put on my column, can anyone suggest where i can get one?
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Thermometer's

Post by Braz »

Here's the one I have (see my avatar) http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/ ... 2%22_Probe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

It is mostly for entertainment and looks. I use a digital probe for the important stuff.
Braz
new_moonshiner
Trainee

Post by new_moonshiner »

why would you want a dial when a digital thermometer response time is far better , and not that expensive these days ..
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

I monitor my dephleg and pre-condensor temps with dial thermometers because I'm looking for change, not absolute accuracy, and they call my attention to change better than digital. I have a digital on the parrot where accuracy is important. If I had a flute, which is an attractive item by itself, it would have dial thermometers for looks even if digital backup was needed at the same monitoring points.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
new_moonshiner
Trainee

Post by new_moonshiner »

i c... makes sense .. have you looked ebay ? last time i looked for digitals there was most any kind of thermometer that a person would want there..
Dephlegmator
Novice

Post by Dephlegmator »

with choosing a thermometer, what is used to seal up the gap, teflon tape maybe? the last thing i want is leaks, just wondering how many ways you have attach thermometers to your stills.
i like the idea of a dial thermometer because i have seen some with a sleeve with a 1/4"bsp thread for it to screw into, but there stems are usually 65 - 200mm long, my column is only 1 1/2" wide, any ideas are appreciated
elcap_711
Novice

Post by elcap_711 »

where can i buy a thermometer port? cant find it at hardware
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

1/8-1/4 compression fittings.
It is what you make it