My plastic still

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Stillhead

My plastic still

Post by Stillhead »

I don't understand why a topic would get locked.

This is the third topic locked on this forum. If the greater hand does not wish to read about this topic, then don't.

I am not the first to leave over a lack of free speach.

It is not right, and I will not have anything to do with this forum if I, and others cannot freely debate an issue that bothers the greater hand.

Personally, I think the topic of 'My plastic still' was for the most part, ridiculous.

This does not mean, that if I had the power, that I would lock the topic.

This is the third locked topic in a few weeks, that tried to address the debate regarding plastic.

I have private messaged uncle jesse as well as tater.

Tater said that he did not like the attitude that Harry had. Uncle Jesse chose not to respond.

I do not believe that plastics belong in this hobby. I do not want people to think that I am angry about this topic either way.

I cannot, however support a forum that so blatantly tries to block peoples opinions and debates. If they do not like the subject, then create a sticky that is about plastic, and let people ramble on endlessly about it.

I truly enjoy the free exchange of information offered at homedistiller. I have never posted in anger over anything (look at my post history.)

Likewise, I am not angry now.

I am sad that Harry, I, and probably others, have to feel this way on a forum that we obviously love (otherwise, why would we bother even posting).

If my information, or harry's information is of any use or value, then I implore the greater hands to unlock these threads, and allow free speech to follow whatever conclusion it may lead to.

Until such time, I will not be posting any more.

I encourage others to do the same. Not out of anger, but out of right to free speach.

This can be a great forum, but acceptance of free thought is the only way that we will progress. What seems like a silly idea now, may not seem so silly tomorrow.

Do not lock topics.
Last edited by Stillhead on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel_Yell
Swill Maker

Post by Rebel_Yell »

As admin and moderator on other boards, I have witnessed both freedom of speach and the beating of a horse to death. Locking a topic is often my method of saying I am tired of the nonsense. I feel that it is my DUTY to read everything posted. I am keeping watch over my area of responsibility. I keep the SPAM removed and the board on topic.
Over time, the same old sheet wears on a person. You begin to question WHY am I doing this? Does anyone appreciate my efforts?

WELL FOLKS ALLOW ME TO INTERJECT HERE.... WHEN THE OWNER BECOMES WEARY, THE PLUG GETS YANKED. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.
UNCLE JESSE OWNS THIS BOARD. HE RUNS IT HIS WAY. HE MADE SOME WILLING AND KNOWLEDGABLE FOLKS MODS. RESPECT WHAT YOU HAVE.

OR LEAVE. START YOUR OWN BOARD.

Stillhead, this is not directed towards you. Your post just brought this out of me. This is just my rant and solely my expression of my opinion.
I would rather teach a pig to sing than argue with an Idiot.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

I locked the topic if you were wondering Was way off topic anyway . But Rezaxis asked me to split off to another topic in research in theory.I started his under new topic experiment stuff.Sorry if ya dont like way forum is run.Plenty of others out there .Long as Im a Mod Ill call them as I see them I realize I cant please everybody.Anyone not satisifide here I wish you well in where ever ya go . Tater
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Stillhead

Post by Stillhead »

Ok boss.

Oh yeah, and 'Rebel Yell'...YEAH RIGHT!.

There is never a reason to lock a topic. If you are going to take the topic elsewhere, then say so.

You did not.

I did not think you to be such an authoritarian Tater.

You are a still nazi. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I will not be the last to leave...
level Joe
Swill Maker

Post by level Joe »

Free speech is one of the best things them silver heads gave us.

But, I guess the way I see it, it’s like if you invite someone into your house and they start doing something in front of your kids you don’t want them exposed to. They have two choices; follow the rules of the house or leave. They are free to think I’m wrong and they are free to say they think I’m wrong as long as they say it in a way that don’t violate my rules and the behavior stops.

Kids.... God, what an eye opener.

We have very few rules on the forum. It’s funny how we understand no politics and let that go but not "plastic".

Too many people on here all to willing to say, go pollute your self to death with your toilet water jail house hooch or its fine to use ______ because I do it all the time and I’m still alive. That doesn’t add fuel to somebody’s fire does it? Hell yes it will.

RULE;

This forum does not allow the use of any plastic, rubber or silicone (am I forgetting anything) to be advocated anywhere in a still where it will come in contact with ethanol or in the storage thereof.
Salus populi suprema est lex. [L.] The safety of the people is the highest law.
Stillhead

Post by Stillhead »

Kids.... God, what an eye opener.
None of us are kids here.

We can assume that none of us are going to start boiling rubber and drinking this.

Are you to assume the position of protector of those who are intellligent enough to find their way here, debating a topic that they feel is valid?

The discussion that was locked was at a higher level than that which children would understand.

There was evidence being presented. Disproved by some, maybe proven quantitatively by others.

We will never know if free discussion of such topics is not allowed to progress...

The key word is progress.

What progress is happening with multiple locked threads?

For each post contracticting freedom of speach, there must be many who believe that I am right in protesting for something greater.

They may moderate this forum, but without the people bringing knowledge what is it worth?

A lonely house with children (members of these forums) who are manipulated into believing what the parents (moderators) tell them...
Stillhead

Post by Stillhead »

Don't be snobbish.

The forum is nothing without the people who contribute to it.

I think that I have contributed valuable information.

I believe that Harry would have much valueable information to share as well.

But not this way.

This is not an angry thread, but simply a dissapointment to the many fine contributors, of which I believe I am one.
Uncle Remus
Trainee

Post by Uncle Remus »

Why does this shit have to go on and on and on........... ??? I don't blame Tater or any other admin's for locking out these damn stupid threads. They are the same bullshit over and over again. If you want to re-hash it again do a search and don't start a new thread about it.

The plastic thread had a very credible person (who is directly invove in the distilling industry) "The Chemist" step in to tell us plastics are no good and DON'T use em in your still. But still the arguement goes on....

If you're convinced plastics, galvanized steel, plumber goop, silicone and whatever else are safe then go ahead and use em....but my gut feeling is those who argue about it are not really sure themselves...but spew their bs and demand proof that it is not safe.........if you think it;s safe do it.

This crap reminds me of arguing with an old Harley riding biker buddy of mine. He will argue with me till the cows come home that it is safer to ride a motorcycle without a helmet than with one....to each their own it's your cabbage and not mine...do what the hell you want with it.

Tater and the boys are moderating this board as they see fit... and I back them 100%...if you figure it's Nazi stuff then so be it but you do have the freedom not to partake in discussion here.

Maybe you ought to think about making your own board and call it the "Plastic Distillers Society " and then you can lock out any theads that talk about using copper for disillation...after all this is the internet. :roll:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

Stillhead, watch the nazi jokes. That's not funny.

and while I agree with your premise, (I like freedom of speech) aren't you getting a little too worked up over this? Sometimes we go round and round like a skipping record...Locking a tired thread is like a nudge to the victrola... moving things along. You are still free to debate the issue in a new constructive manner in a new thread. If it devolves into petty bickering then it might get shut down too, but you're still free to debate and present supportive info.

Which is worse? Telling the loud argueing patrons in the bar to shut up so others can hear the band? or, saying I don't like the call the umpire made so I'm taking my ball and going home?

Its a beautiful new day boys... come out and play.
masonjar
Swill Maker

Post by masonjar »

UNCLE JESSE OWNS THIS BOARD. HE RUNS IT HIS WAY. HE MADE SOME WILLING AND KNOWLEDGABLE FOLKS MODS. RESPECT WHAT YOU HAVE.
You hit the nail right on the head there.

How to start your very own forum:

1. Pay your ISP $5-$30 extra per month to get a static IP address
2. Register a domain name for around $15-$30 a year
3. Run a web server on your computer
4. Install PHP and PHPBB
5. Leave your computer on 24/7
6. Deal with fixing crap that goes wrong now and then

When you do all of these things, then you have the right to lock threads as you see fit.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

STILLHEAD For someone whos not gonna post anymore unless he gets his way you sure are back sliding.:roll: The crack about the nazi will probly get ya banned when Jessie see it anyway.He takes dim view of such as that.Im locking this post and will also either delete or lock anymore posts you make calling fokes names. READ READ READ FAQ What are Moderators?
Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.FAQ What are Locked topics?
Locked topics are set this way by either the forum moderator or board administrator. You cannot reply to locked topics and any poll contained inside is automatically ended. Topics may be locked for many reasons.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper