Cheap wine press

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Texas Jim
Swill Maker

Cheap wine press

Post by Texas Jim »

Not sure where to put this, but here's a pretty good deal on a decent sized press -

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Choice- ... /135600303" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Cheap wine press

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I have that exact one and while it is economical I'll add that I would rather spend a little more and get the kind where the basket is hinged and you can open it up to remove the pomace cake. This one is a little cumbersome for multiple presses as the basket must either be lifted or the pomace scooped out...

Cheers!
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
LBHD
Bootlegger

Post by LBHD »

mop bucket users going to be jealous!
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

For the price of the wine press, why not make an apple press.. I made one for less than 50 dollars, and works well.. just parts I had around the place, the steel rod to make the bolts cost more than everything else..

Here the unit at work, and for me, it beats the mop bucket, but each to their own..

Mars
Attachments
Pressing 12# of grain bill
Pressing 12# of grain bill
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
frunobulax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by frunobulax »

Thanks for posting that, it's a great deal. I always thought a wine press would work great for corn and grains. For me 5 gallons is a little small though.