Teflon 2" Tri-Clamp Gaskets

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Teflon 2" Tri-Clamp Gaskets

Post by fizzix »

The other thread talking about safety is LOCKED,
but I wanted to come clean the HD way and proclaim my new acquisition.
Ten PTFE (Teflon) 2" gaskets for $8
teflon.jpg
They even have the raised ring in the middle like the silicone ones I had.
I'm now up to speed with the PTFE gaskets and natural cork topper instead of gum.
still.jpg
Not to mention all stainless steel funnels and glass jars.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: Teflon 2" Tri-Clamp Gaskets

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Rub one side of one on a piece of 120 sand paper for 30-45 seconds. And you will have a perfectly flush side to butt to your keg, and the other will have the lip for the ferrule. :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Rub one side of one on a piece of 120 sand paper for 30-45 seconds. And you will have a perfectly flush side to butt to your keg, and the other will have the lip for the ferrule. :thumbup:
Thanks, SoCD. But I've got ferrules from top to bottom, and all the gaskets have a raised ring on both sides.
But that info will be stored for my NEXT still...
Always appreciate your input.
jimmayhugh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jimmayhugh »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Rub one side of one on a piece of 120 sand paper for 30-45 seconds. And you will have a perfectly flush side to butt to your keg, and the other will have the lip for the ferrule. :thumbup:
Or just buy this one
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

jimmayhugh wrote:
Or just buy this one
$.80 vs. $4.00, though...
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Also, I'm going to post this here. I was going to in the last thread before it turned to silicone again. But every generation of stillers should be aware...

S-Cackalacky wrote:I've been using these - http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.a ... &catid=720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow . The 2.725" size fits a regular mason jar and the 3.5" size fits a large mouth mason jar.

I use these for aging on glass - http://www.widgetco.com/jar-cork-stoppers-standard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow . The 3.5" (size 48) fits a 1 gallon large mouth pickle jar.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Also, I'm going to post this here. I was going to in the last thread before it turned to silicone again. But every generation of stillers should be aware...

S-Cackalacky wrote:I've been using these - http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.a ... &catid=720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow . The 2.725" size fits a regular mason jar and the 3.5" size fits a large mouth mason jar.

I use these for aging on glass - http://www.widgetco.com/jar-cork-stoppers-standard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow . The 3.5" (size 48) fits a 1 gallon large mouth pickle jar.
...and I thought I was done...
You bastard
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Well, lol. We're never done, haha. But I just replace the mason jar lid with these, and screw the band on. Ptfe, and when aging in the attic the heat expansion lets angel share out, and protects from jar explosion. :thumbup:
jimmayhugh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jimmayhugh »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:
jimmayhugh wrote:
Or just buy this one
$.80 vs. $4.00, though...
To me, the few extra dollars is worth the peace of mind, and you only need one. :)