Copper ferrules

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Copper ferrules

Post by Yonder »

Didn't I see someone post an article or video about making ferrules out of copper sheet and tubing? I sure recall such a thing but can't find a reference to it. :econfused:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Copper ferrules

Post by acfixer69 »

Yonder wrote:Didn't I see someone post an article or video about making ferrules out of copper sheet and tubing? I sure recall such a thing but can't find a reference to it. :econfused:
Easy flange site:http://homedistiller.org/forum easy flange
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Not sure why hiper link is not hot but HD Google easy flange and you will have it.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

That'd be the one. Thanks for pointing it out.
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

Guys,
In searching for posts on copper ferrules, looks like this was the most recent post with the topic. (Mods, please move this if you have a better section – Thanks)
Only issue is that I’m looking at using copper wire ferrules as a possible packing material and wanted to see if anyone has used them before. At $7.00 for 100 pcs, I figured it was a good deal and grabbed a bag.
I also thought about using em (at a larger wire gauge) on copper plates in my column.
I think they’ll be fine, but figured I’d ask. I’ve only ran pot stills so far, but my reflux build is getting closer to complete every day.
Cheers,
Irish
IMG_1918.jpg
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
NineInchNails

Post by NineInchNails »

Irishgnome wrote:Guys,
In searching for posts on copper ferrules, looks like this was the most recent post with the topic. (Mods, please move this if you have a better section – Thanks)
Only issue is that I’m looking at using copper wire ferrules as a possible packing material and wanted to see if anyone has used them before. At $7.00 for 100 pcs, I figured it was a good deal and grabbed a bag.
I also thought about using em (at a larger wire gauge) on copper plates in my column.
I think they’ll be fine, but figured I’d ask. I’ve only ran pot stills so far, but my reflux build is getting closer to complete every day.
Cheers,
Irish
IMG_1918.jpg
I believe copper mesh would have MUCH more surface are by volume ratio in comparison to those copper ferrules. Those copper bits would likely be very inefficient in comparison.

Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

+1. What he said. ^
/|\
|
|
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

Thanks guys!

I’ve seen the all copper scrubbers used before, as well as the copper mesh rolls.
Looking forward to getting my reflux completed.

Thanks again!
Cheers
Irish.
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
steelmb
Swill Maker

Post by steelmb »

acfixer69 wrote:
Yonder wrote:Didn't I see someone post an article or video about making ferrules out of copper sheet and tubing? I sure recall such a thing but can't find a reference to it. :econfused:
Easy flange sit: http://homedistiller.org/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow easy flange
I fixed it for you. You need a space after the colon. Still doesn't seem to take you where you wanted to go though.
I believe MCH may have said it best. "It's your hooch, you get to choose."
Ding Dong
http://w.homedistiller.org/forum/viewto ... =7&t=66849
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

steelmb wrote:
acfixer69 wrote:
Yonder wrote: Still doesn't seem to take you where you wanted to go though.
You know that was 4 months sgo, right? The post I sought was actually on another site and used 1/4 in copper tube as the flange angle. Great utube video. Worked out fine, thank you.