New Player

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

New Player

Postby Skarsnik » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:22 am

Hello everybody,

I did a favour for a friend and in repayment he gave me a homemade bottle of Gin. It was the best Gin I had ever tasted. I've drunk a lot of Vodka and Gin and dabbled with cocktails.

So a lot of research, still it the you tube channel and here we go. One 15 gallon keg, a whole bunch of parts, a $110 still with an extension and I am getting ready for my first run. I plan on building a bigger still as I get into it as the keg build was enough to take on at the start.
Skarsnik
Novice

Re: New Player

Postby fizzix » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:21 am

Hello, Skarsnik. Welcome to the forums and best of luck with your build!
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby rubelstrudel » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:18 am

Welcome to the forums. Keep us updated how you're doing.
rubelstrudel
Swill Maker

Postby Bushman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 am

Welcome, a keg still will make enough product for personal consumption. For me the diameter of the column is what I changed on my second still to cut down production time. Good luck and be safe!
Bushman
Global moderator

Postby Skarsnik » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Bushman wrote:Welcome, a keg still will make enough product for personal consumption. For me the diameter of the column is what I changed on my second still to cut down production time. Good luck and be safe!

Cheers, your name sounds familiar. I have already planned out the replacement column and even sourced a 2nd keg, I get a bit carried away with my hobbies. But I figure a bit of practical experience might be a good idea before I go any further.
Skarsnik
Novice

Postby bilgriss » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:31 am

Sounds like you are having fun. Make sure you also get carried away with cleaning that new keg correctly before consuming any product from it.
Welcome!
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Return to ** Welcome Center **