Year+ member first post

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hormesis
Novice

Year+ member first post

Post by Hormesis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:51 am

My apologies for not posting in the welcome center. I joined some time ago and thought that I had posted already.

So here's me.....Much to the distress of the Mrs. I took up another hobby about two years ago, this one..... to go along with wine making, hunting, fishing and golf.
As far as this hobby goes, my drink of choice is whiskey / bourbon. I started with a 15 gallon unmodified keg and a liebig and UJSSM and was hooked. I built a 2" slant plate Boka but didn't like the speed or lack of and don't use any neutrals. I have also built a modified keg and a 4" x 4 plate bubble cap with a shotgun condenser with electric controller. This is my current rig. I have moved on to all grain (what a PITA but worth it) and am currently trying the Angel Yeast yellow square. I could not have done it without all of the posts you guys have made especially in the construction sections. Thank You!

still_stirrin
Master Distiller
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: Year+ member first post

Post by still_stirrin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:21 am

Well, it sounds like you’ve got things figured out. Good deal. Keep up the good work.

All grain mashing is like painting, or cooking, or creative dance....it takes practice and the right tools. But, in the end...it’s worth the effort and investment. Satisfaction of your “art” is the best reward.

Stay safe, responsible, and discrete.
ss
Attention new distillers: Cranky's spoon feed info
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K

Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 am

Welcome and +1 to what still_stirrin said. I don’t find AG a PITA although obviously more requirements to produce. It’s a passion of love to make something the rest of my family enjoys.

StillerBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by StillerBoy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:19 am

Welcome to HD..

And congratulation on coming this far on your own..

You have conquer all the demons of fear, so with just a little more refining of your process and method, it will become second nature..

Enjoy the journey

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas "

– Albert Einstein

Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:47 am

Sounds like you are going places in the hobby as for me I'm just now saving coin to build a keg with 3 inch column with a 2 inch reducer for my shotgun
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....