New guy here

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

EDP_80
Novice

New guy here

Post by EDP_80 »

Good morning, I’ve attempted to turn off the Tapatalk ads. Let’s hope I was successful. In one of the post I was reading for new members i believe it was by GA flatwoods, very direct no BS, all in all a good write up, towards the end of the post I was picking up a Paris island education. Would that be correct? I too am a graduate,” Hotel” class of 2000. Back to introduction, I am a hobbyist if I must throw a label to it. More like an old soul. I live in Alabama it use to be middle of nowhere but in the past few years it’s upgraded to BFE and then to small town! With the threat of even more upgrades. I feel that as a society we are moving to fast forwards. So we tend to forget about some of the things that are just important. Where we’ve been and how we got here. Even the definition of a hard days work has drastically changed in just a few short years! Things like distilling, cutting grass with a scythe instead of a lawn mower, being self sufficient are becoming things of the past. I stumbled upon this forum and I have noticed the amount of information here.
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Re: New guy here

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome to the forum EDP
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome and thank you for your service. It would definitely come in handy if shtf. In the meantime you can have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labor. In the end, the old school ways are better.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
EDP_80
Novice

Post by EDP_80 »

Thank you! And I agree most of the old school ways are better! Don’t get me wrong I love my riding mower but a good sling blade or a good sharp brush scythe makes you feel accomplished!
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

You are 100% correct, all we can do is try to pass it down to keep the old ways and lessons alive. I'm working on instilling it into my grandkids , my kids picked up on most of it.

Welcome to the forum
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens