Hello! Pleased to be here and learning!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

pm80
Novice

Hello! Pleased to be here and learning!

Post by pm80 »

Hi all,

I'm new to distilling and have spent much time reading the material listed and the many posts made. My goal is to not ask redundant questions that have already been answered but ask when applicable.

It's great to be here and learn from such craftsmen and women. I recently purchased a vevor kit from aliexpress, which I have no doubt needs a thorough cleaning. Could I get some basic tips on this kit? I tried distilling water with it but it left a nasty silicone flavor in the end product. Perhaps it's all those gaskets. My thought is to use flour paste for most of the gaskets besides the pot and thumper seals. Have you guys ever used this kit and been fine with all the gaskets they come with? Thanks for all the help, and glad to be here! Hope this post is alright. Cheers.
Sporacle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello! Pleased to be here and learning!

Post by Sporacle »

:D Welcome, get familiar with the search function it really helps, try this link it may help
https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=82653
Good luck and stay safe :D
" you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends; but you can't always wipe your friends off on your saddle" sage advice from Kinky Friedman