Howdy

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

KeithSuding
Novice

Howdy

Post by KeithSuding »

Hey guys,
I have recently retired and have been home brewing for quite a few years. About a year before I retired I decided to get into distilling. Having a lot of the equipment that crosses over from beer to distilling and the desire to distill I have accumulated the things I need to distill over the last year. I did my first stripping run yesterday and things went well. My first is a basic bourbon. Most of my knowledge is from the Home Distilling Handbook by Chris Yorke. The Book may be a bit dated but it helped me out (hope I did not miss him on the taboo web sites) and get kicked out. To make a long story short I have a lot more questions and feel I can trust the info here to answer them.

Keith
Bushman
Admin

Re: Howdy

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, your story parallels mine. I retired in 2005 and wanted to pick up a hobby, when people ask what I do now that I am retired I tell them I have taken up vapor management.
KeithSuding
Novice

Post by KeithSuding »

Thanks for the welcome. Working 50 hours a week, doing the stuff around the place did not leave much time to add distilling on top of home brewing and now will have time for both. It gets in your blood!! During the summer was busy mowing and outside stuff so a lot of my brewing I saved for winter-- now will have time for both!!
Archee72
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Archee72 »

Congrats on your retirement Bud
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

welcome
KeithSuding