Finally signed up

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

quadra
Bootlegger

Finally signed up

Post by quadra »

I have been a long time lurker and really enjoy the forum. I live in Central B.C. and am running a keg with a 1.5" Boka and a home brewed cold finger RC. I have been at it for almost a year with a bunch of birdwatchers, bran flakes, and a couple surprisingly good attempts at corn, but really am looking forward to trying my hand at rye. Planning on building a 3" CCVM this winter similar to the Kimbodious build.
Cheers
Jstroke
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Finally signed up

Post by Jstroke »

Quadra,

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are well down the rabbit hole. Have fun, enjoy ad be safe.
If in doubt leave it out.
quadra
Bootlegger

Post by quadra »

Thanks Jstroke! It really is a great rabbit hole as well, I am really impressed with the quality and openness of the information members share. It is also a welcome relief to not have the divisive political nonsense that is far too common on web forums. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something along the way.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome quadra!

You're gonna love that modular 3" CCVM and the output it provides in reflux and pot mode. It'll be quite a bit faster than your boka.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
quadra
Bootlegger

Post by quadra »

Thanks Twisted! That output will make for a more manageable day by my calculations, and we all enjoy playing with new toys. Your stripper is another of my favourite projects here, I can see one and some Badmotivator barrels in my future as well👍