Great site

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Fiorito Fury
Novice

Great site

Post by Fiorito Fury » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 am

Hi to all distillers, this is the best site for info out there. I've been making grappa for 7yrs now and have been looking to widen my horizions. I live in southwestern Ontario, Canada, and am of Itialian desent, so making wine and grappa are traditon. I have a 15qt pot still, that I made from a pressure cooker, and it workes well to preserve the flavours. I run either old wine or use the grape pomace left over from my Dad's wine, he crushes 45 cases of grapes a year. So there is always a good supply. This year I diecided to make Limoncello, so far so good, I ended up with 10L of 36%abv. Now the hard part to wait and let it age!!This site was a great source of information, Thanks All

TheMechwarrior
Bootlegger

Re: Great site

Post by TheMechwarrior » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:00 am

Welcome to HD!

PS I'd love your recipes/methods. I have fond memories my last visit to Italy and of both Grappa and Limoncello! :lol:

Welcome to our home.
Enjoy your stay and as always stay safe.

Cheers,

Mech
Together Each Achieve More
My 2" VM build thread: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=17956
6" FSD 4 plate bubbler on a 100L boiler

decomissioned
Novice

Re: Great site

Post by decomissioned » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome to the boards! I just finished up my first grappa run using left over grape pomace as well. I'd love to hear how you do yours. I thought mine turned out really well.. but after airing, I'm not so sure. Then again, I've only had grappa a few times. I'm going to let it rest for a few months before I sample it again in hopes it mellows out a little. Definitely post your recipes for both, if you don't mind :D