A bit about me

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

mykela_999
Novice

A bit about me

Post by mykela_999 »

Just joined up here so I'm posting a hello with some minor historical bits.

I'm 56 but new to this and aking up this hobby is top of the bucket list. (Raising bees and gold panning are next.) My very first liquor-making lesson happened when I was younger. I noticed that Listerine is about 25% alcohol and that can easily spark an idea in a 12 year old with a chemistry set. One stove and one kettle later, I was two eyebrows short. (Then about 5 years later, I burned up my car trying to run it from a propane tank, but that's another story.)
Bushman
Admin

Re: A bit about me

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, with your history make sure you read carefully the section on safety :sarcasm:
mykela_999
Novice

Post by mykela_999 »

Thanks.

Yes, read it more than once already. I think I and my house are both safe.
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Braz »

Funny Bushman. Welcome Mykela. Bush is right, though, things can go wrong in a hurry. We'll not go into detail about how I know that.
Braz
Snapperhead
Novice

Post by Snapperhead »

Hehehe, 12 years old and experimenting with your own chemistry ideas, I like you already.
Welcome aboard
The fact you are still alive now, means you do have some pre-installed safety focus.