forum newbie

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

forum newbie

Post by firewater69 »

Hello to all, i want to start by saying i love this forum, i've been lurking for a while, and learned alot from the experiance that is here. i have been making wine & a.g. beer for several years but have only been distilling for about a year. i look forward to learning more & sharing my 2cents if it can help anyone as well.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Re: forum newbie

Post by ga flatwoods »

Welcome Firewater69! Your brewing background is very beneficial as you already know. Hopefully in the time you have been around here you are well studied in the home site. If not, go back and study and if you dont know it well, go back and study. What types of still(s) do you have and what do you like to make? Stick to the tried and true and avoid turbo. Enjoy the craft.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Welcome to the forum. Good advice from Flatwoods.

Good luck to you and stay safe,
S-C
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, this forum is truly a treasure of info. i found the home site a year or so when i was building my still, its a 20 gallon. s.s. kettle with a 2" x 48" copper column. there are some changes i plan to make on it soon, but i'm pretty proud of it. I make mostly whisky but have made a banana brandy. im planning a rum soon. i will have to find one of my still pics and post it, input from others would be helpful & welcome. it is electric & powered by a 110 volt 2000 w element with a solid state temp controller. my runs average 160pr. single run. but i dont plan on doing nuetrals so im fine with it.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

Here is a pic of my still
0208141156.jpg