learning and reading

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

O30311
Novice

learning and reading

Post by O30311 »

Hello,
Since a while I am reading and learning about home distillation and special interest for palinka.
Last week I finally managed to produce the first time out of my new pot distiller some alma palinka and am now considering to add some pieces of apple in it as I was told this improves the flavour. Is there any information available on this? Anybody some experience o advise?
Thanks
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: learning and reading

Post by moosemilk »

O30311
Novice

Post by O30311 »

Good morning,
I know that thread and it is my favourite to follow as I double check there all the information I receive from my hungarian family...but unfortunately I find nowhere something about adding pieces of fruit afterwards :think:
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

O30311
Novice

Post by O30311 »

More homework...more reading...more learning :D
Thanks for the links as there is so much out there that a good guide is always welcome :thumbup:
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

I know those sections have a bit about adding fruits in macerations and such, a variety of different ways, just a matter to find what works for your situation.

I made apple brandy and to cut it to drinking strength I used apple juice for flavor instead of distilled water.
O30311
Novice

Post by O30311 »

Trying to make it as pure as possible as it is a sentimental issue my distillation.
My daughter Alma ( = apple ) was born in 2014, so I want to have almapalinka from the apples of my garden of the year 2014 and keep it for those super special occasions :) . So far all went fine but before adding some pieces of the apples I kept in the palinka I want to double check everything ...as I do not want to loose these few bottles.