Hi All from East Anglia UK

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hiccups
Novice
Location: East of England (mostly) Earth (untill i find a way off it :) )

Hi All from East Anglia UK

Post by Hiccups »

:D :D i just Stumbled happily across your site and have spent last few hours reading through some of it ....(feels like ive stumbled into a place i should have found decades ago .... feels like my new cyber home .... can i sleep on the couch please )

I can see many happy hours learning a most enjoyable new hobby in the making Admit to makeing several brew kits in the early 80's and dabbled with wine and cidder making just after .... but now after reading from this great site i think its about time to become serious about my hobby and make some joyus and horrendus mistakes on the way ... id like to thank you all for inventing this perfect site for me :D
Some folk Drink to forget, Some drink when they are upset, Some when they are happy Other's when they are sad
Some only on special occastions like highdays and holidays, Some also drink to forget..
Me.. i just drink with no regret (Hiccup) Pardon...
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Hi All from East Anglia UK

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD We are up all night. enjoy

AC
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

You'll maybe have to chase some dogs off the couch.
We're having a lot of fun here and you're welcome to join in.
Hiccups
Novice

Post by Hiccups »

Thanks for the welcome acfixer im still reading through and trying to plan where to start from :)

Hiya's fizzix chasing dogs of the chairs and sofa's could if i let it become a full time olympic sport here ive technically only got 2 GSD's but my son moved back in last year and works for a animal rescue shelter.... Not sure what they shelter concidering at the moment we now have 11 of there dogs here as well .... (even sitting on the floor gets crowded at times lol)

Part of the reason i think it may be time for me to brew and distill some hairy dogs for morning afters ...
Some folk Drink to forget, Some drink when they are upset, Some when they are happy Other's when they are sad
Some only on special occastions like highdays and holidays, Some also drink to forget..
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Hi Hiccups, from not a zillion miles away.

Do you know what you want to make yet ? "flavoured stuff" (Brandy whiskey etc) - or Vodka (ish)

If you don't have the equipment yet, decide and read a bit before you commit yourself to a certain type of kit.
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Welcome to HD. Start here for a good introduction: https://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.php/index.ph ... %27s_Guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I used to spend a fair amount of time in your area, mostly around Histon and Norwich. I was pining for a pork pie from Wells-next-to-Sea the other day.
Hiccups
Novice

Post by Hiccups »

Hiya's Pikey .... To start possibly try Brandy as i have a few erm dubiouse Wines left over to practise on ..... But the plan will be Whiskey as ultimate goal but as you say ive got a load of reading to do ....

Single Malt Yinzer ... humm ive spent many a day week month etc in Wells-nts but sadly havent found a decent pie shop .... and in my view worst of all last summer went there and the only decent watering hole in the town has been turned into a american fast food dinner !!!!!! shockingly even that was closed for the few days i was there and it was highseason so guessing it wasnt doing so well ....

Rite back to reading taking notes and learning i guess thanks for your comments
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome to the forums; lots to learn here.
Sounds like you are excited. I can relate to that.