Hello all

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Distiller_1776
Novice

Hello all

Post by Distiller_1776 »

Hello
My name is Dillon and I am beginning the journey on learning to distill and produce my own alcohols, I am very interested because this isn't something that can be rushed and takes patience, I love new projects and creating things of my own so I figured this might be the hobby for me. I enjoy whiskey a lot and I think I would get more enjoyment drinking something that I have brewed over something out of a store. I do not have a solid background in this but have done some research but can't find the answers to many of my questions so that is what brought me here.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello all

Post by Bushman »

Welcome,choir in the right,place. By researching here for build ideas, using a recipe from the Tried &True section you have a higher chance of success and will probably save you money in the long run.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello all

Post by fizzix »

Welcome Dillon.
It's an exciting thing to whip up a proven recipe, knowing it's all on you for success or failure, watching it ferment, and distilling something fantastic out of it.
Sorta like raising a child but without the college payments.

Spoon Feeding is a great place to start and answers many many questions.
Great to have you here. You seem to have the right mindset for this hobby.