Hello there

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Desolus
Novice

Hello there

Post by Desolus »

I'm addicted, seriously addicted...

I'm addicted to distilling, and to absinthe. I've been distilling for a few years now, countless runs out of my small chinese 2 gallon still have brought me here, in search of 'more'. I'm really looking to step up my game with the absinthe, I've made it the traditional way from the start, but I'm severely limited in volume and quality by my still. That's not to say I don't make a killer absinthe, or a brandy that's awesome too.. or even a mead brandy... or an absinthe made with mead brandy. So many options that can drastically affect the product... This is why I am addicted I think.

you can hear carboys bubbling away in the background as I type this.

I need to build a still that will serve me and my needs for a few many years to come, I'm not a heavy drinker, and im a cheap drunk to boot, I don't have friends who are heavy drinkers, and no one in my family drinks anything above 12% ABV <.< >.> so a small still will still be sufficient for my needs. Currently I get by 2 or 3 weeks on a single run, admittedly 1 week if work is hell or there's a party. This is leaving nothing for me to set back for later, and that's primarily why I'm here.