Hello from FL

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

GCS Brewer
Novice

Hello from FL

Post by GCS Brewer »

Hey everybody. First post to verify I'm real. I've been brewing beer for 5 years. Done a few ciders, meads, wine's, etc. Distilling seems like the next thing down the line. I'm not even really into spirits (I'm getting there though!), I just love the processes, fermentation, building equipment, etc. My current setup is a quarter barrel keg with a copper DIY kit I bought off of eBay. I've run a few things through it so far... about 8 gallons of left over beer from home brew competitions; a mash I threw together from leftovers (spent grain from a Schwarzbier mash with 4 pounds of carrots and sugar) and 2 batches of UJSSM (only one was the sour mash). Thats it. I'll be reading a bunch here. Thanks!
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello from FL

Post by fizzix »

Well, come on in and join us! I'm primarily a beer drinker too, but making some excellent liquor and having a ton of fun doing it.
Welcome to Home Distiller.
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

Welcome ! More and more people are coming here from Florida
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Greetings from your northern neighbor!
Welcome!
Alabama Flag.gif
Alabama Flag.gif (46.83 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Samyguy
Bootlegger

Post by Samyguy »

Hello from a soon to be Florida resident
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome!
Sounds like you've found some of the right sections to concentrate your reading on. Keep it up 'till it hurts; there's a lot to learn. Be safe, discreet, and have fun.