Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

utah kid
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hello

Post by utah kid »

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been reading this site off and on for several years as I was contemplating the jump from all grain brewing into distillation. Building a pot still has always been on my list of things to do. There's just something about them. I never really got around to doing it it in earnest and then a few months ago a friend mentioned that he had an 7 gallon alembic just sitting in a box. He'd never used it. So we've managed to knock the dust off it with a few cleaning runs and we're now onto our third all grain batch of corn and 6 Row. We know we have a long way to go and much more skills/knowledge to gain but we feel mildly successful and are having a lot of fun.

There is no way that we'd have been even in the ballpark on this endeavor if it wasn't for the content on the site and feedback in the forums. Much thanks for that. Hopefully I can contribute some insight when I feel like I have something to add that's helpful.

Thanks!
TDick
Distiller

Re: Hello

Post by TDick »

Welcome Down The Rabbit Hole Sir!
8) :D 8)
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Those alembics have their own attractive style that just catch the eye. You and your buddy should have a great time running it.
Your appreciation of the content here reflects my sentiments exactly. Can you imagine sitting in a library for all this knowledge?
Welcome to Home Distiller, and good luck to you and your pal!
utah kid
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by utah kid »

Thanks!