Howzit!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

warshtub
Novice

Howzit!

Post by warshtub »

Howzit? How're y'all?

I started shining in '10 using a small 5 gal SS pot with dough paste, binder clipped lid and using a tweaked recipe I gleaned from this site (I worked in the shadows back then). That was some delicious and neutral stuff... Stuff of legend. Those were the days.

After moving from the Appalachians to the tropics for a new job, I put together a 10 gal copper pot/reflux but ended up not having too much time to do runs. Having a different rig (too big for me now!), different natural environment temps, and different water quality, the output was good but not fully up to par with my previous standards. And unfortunately, I only had the time to experiment and tweak every 6 months or so. But now, with different work responsibilities and the time to get back to my old joy of spirit making, I'm haunting the site regularly once again.

Only this time I figured to go ahead and sign up.

So, hi from this long time lurker, first time poster.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Howzit!

Post by bilgriss »

Glad to have you join the group!
Bvritr
Novice

Post by Bvritr »

Howzit, sounds like we got another islander in the group. Aloha from upcountry
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Welcome warshtub!
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Welcome. Gotta say, ain't many here as heard that word correctly pronounced. Damned yankees keep insistin they ain't no 'R' in warsh but we know better.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.