Hello from The Netherlands

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Glatch
Novice

Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Glatch »

Hi everyone,

I've been ready en and watching stuff about distilling for a wile now. A few weeks back I decided I want this (this as in a still).
I'm an engineer and pretty handy a building stuff so obviously I needed to build my own still which I'm currently still busy doing.

The still I'm building is a re-purposed 10L copper boiler on which I'll be making a modular reflux or pot column. The reflux column I'm making is going to be very similar(other size and couplings) to the still of the YT channel Stillit.

I still have some questions need answering(length of condenser and fermenting process) so that's why I joined this awesome forum.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, we have some great building plans on the site. Below is a great link you might want to check out.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19711
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47262
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Greetings...
Since you already have a few parts to build a still, maybe you can find some inspiration in the various build threads in here.
Please have a look at Cranky's spoonfeed thread (link in my signature), it will give you a brief introduction to this wonderful hobby.

Have fun and stay safe.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Kijk, dat is leuk!
Welcome. I am very curious about your build. I have two 10 L copper boilers that I can run separate or in tandem (boiler and thumper). I mimicked a column by winding 2 m 15 mm pipe to a spiral, but that is not the same thing.
Once I had a still that made up to 94 %, but I did not get that with my present stills.