rooky from bc

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hleuckanator
Novice

rooky from bc

Post by Hleuckanator »

Hey everyone, glad to be here.
I'm totally new to distilling but have been educating myself by reading the very informative info here, i finally pulled the trigger and joined! like i said i'm totally new and havent even mashed in for the first time as getting prepared and informed are priority. ive read most of "a little spoon feeding by cranky" and this has kept me from making the common mistakes most rookies make when asking around for info. thanks cranky! i love how openly people share info here and i look forward to learning and making my own high quality spirits! i got into this probably the same way a lot do, my great grandparents made liquor back in the depression but the tradition wasn't passed down so ive had to dig and teach myself.
thanks for having me.
Bushman
Admin

Re: rooky from bc

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to the forum, I live just south of you!
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Well, if the tradition wasn't passed down, then it's totally on you to carry on and the pressure is squarely on your shoulders... All joking aside, you made the right move joining HD. Not only is there a goldmine of accessible information here, it's a little more current than GrandPa knew!

Welcome!
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Good introduction, Hleuckanator.
Don't worry. You can do this! Your attitude and approach will get you there.
Welcome to Home Distiller.