Hello from the NE

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Catnip in NJ
Novice

Hello from the NE

Post by Catnip in NJ »

Hello. I am from the North East; South NJ specifically. I am interested in home distilling as it appeals to my analytical nature and I prefer spirits over beer. I am a biochemist by trade and understand the science. But there is a art associated to distillation that can only be obtained through doing.

Because NJ is not the most accommodating state when it comes to spirit production, it's hard to find local people who share the same hobby to support each other. My hopes joining this forum is to gain knowledge from others who have more experience than I and join the network of hobbyist.

Thank you for accepting my registration and I am looking forward learning from the group. :D
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello from the NE

Post by fizzix »

Hello Catnip, you have friends here you haven't met yet. Birds of a repressed feather so to speak.
Pull up a still and join in on the forum. Welcome to Home Distiller!

Tip:
HD Google Search (not the Advanced Search) at the top banner is an asset to finding terms and subject matter.
Search.jpg
Good luck on this adventure.
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Re: Hello from the NE

Post by dieselduo »

Welcome Catnip ! My wife is from Deptford. Guess that's in your neck of the woods