Hey from Florida

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Pfretzschner
Novice

Hey from Florida

Post by Pfretzschner »

I've been a voyeur on here for a year or so and finally took the plunge and got my still. I have a couple of Loquat trees in my yard and have been the fruit to a friend's place to turn them into some pretty good plum brandy. I now have a 10 gal pot with a thumper and condenser. I made an initial run to try out the equipment and ended up with 5 quarts that blended at 46%. l have a whole lot to learn and I find this to be a fascinating hobby. I have a lot of ideas to try out and hopefully some of them will work. I'm sure I'll have a lot of dumb questions,,,, but I really do try to find the answers here first.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hey from Florida

Post by fizzix »

Howdy Pfretzschner and welcome to the best forum on the web.
Never heard of a loquat in my life! I learn something new here everyday.
loquat.png
loquat.png (74.21 KiB) Viewed 890 times
For research, use the HD Google Search on the banner above:
search.jpg
Good luck with your distilling, and have fun!
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

Hey Pfretzschner and welcome. I have a loquat in my front yard and it makes a nice brandy. I use pectic enzyme which seems to bring over more flavor. Good luck
Pfretzschner
Novice

Post by Pfretzschner »

Thanks for the info. I'm a real newbee at this so appreciate anything that will improve the outcome. 2nd run I used Loquat and Watermelon. It's pretty good and very smooth. The mash I have working now is Loquat using brown sugar and raw honey. So far it looks, smells and tastes great. I have an Allspice tree in the back yard too, and would love to know how to infuse some of the aroma and flavor into the next batch.
Samyguy
Bootlegger

Post by Samyguy »

hey welcome newbe
BelfastChild
Novice

Post by BelfastChild »

This is awesome....

I've got some Loquat trees in my garden in Oz and never thought of making an alcohol drink from them as I'm not to familiar with the fruit.

But now I can't wait!!

G'day Pfretzschner
morethenaname
Novice

Post by morethenaname »

welcome pfretzschner
Never heard of that fruit b4. I use to live in nfla now a ncarolina fella lol. I too bounced on here for over a year b4 joining. Besure to check out the strawberry panty dropper. Made a gal and its all but gone in just a few days. Some very interesting topics as well as some way tech info