New distiller from ******* need a first answer

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

xerax
Novice

New distiller from ******* need a first answer

Post by xerax »

Hi guys.
I have been brewing beer for 5-6 years and with good results but want to take the next step.
1 St. since i am from a country were distilling is quite illegal let me state first.
I don’t want to make large quantum of spirits. My main reason (for now) is to learn the process and to get the product right. This means NO selling and NO making 10-20 liters of anything. To me the proces is the goal.
2 nd. I don’t have a still yet. I do however want to make 1. ! probably could by 1 in a neighboring country but what would i learn?? I have been looking at "Barley and Hops Brewing" and have been inspired.

Yours truely XeraX
cranky
Master of Distillation

Re: New distiller from ******* need a first answer

Post by cranky »

Welcome xerax :wave:
This is a good place to learn and pretty much covers everything you will need to know.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Welcome Sir!
See below & start reading!
What's your preference?
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Inspiration is just the first step, although 12 step programs say it's to admit you have a problem.
You're in with good company - follow that link for Cranky's spoonfeeding thread, and follow everything in there until it starts to click.

Glad you're here.